Can-Am Commander Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Slightly off of the center of this topic, but my '14XT was unbearable in the summer. Top, full windshield and rear net.

Installed one of Troy's covers, a split/tilt windshield and a fan override, now all is great. The answer is obviously air-flow and some sort of barrier at least on the passenger side near exhaust.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I previously owned a 2012 Commander 1000XT which was a great machine but the heat issues were horrendous! In May I purchased my 2021 XT and all Summer I rode around without any windshield as the PowerFlip was on constant backorder. But I was pleased in the fact that I had ZERO heat issues in the new model so much so that I'm concerned about freezing to death while running the snow plow this coming winter.

So last week they finally received the PowerFlip windshield and installed it on my machine. The windshield is great and operates quite well. But I haven't had a chance to give my machine a good long ride since the installation and honestly you all have me a little worried about what I might encounter when I get to stretch it's legs.

I'm wondering if the installation of a windshield creates a low pressure area in the cab causing extra heat from the front radiator to be drawn up the tunnel and through the shifter slot? Or are the coolant lines acting like a cooling system as extra air comes across them and gets pulled into the cab area?

I'm planning to go for a long ride over the weekend and I'm going to be quite disappointed if I start experiencing heat issues after 750 miles of happiness in my new rig. I sure hope that you can get your issue resolved and share it with everyone else looking for solutions. I'll keep you updated on my experiences this weekend.
Have the power flip on mine and have no regrets! The windshield does and will cause heat in the cab but for me not on the level as my old 2016 Commander. With that said just crack the windshield open a bit or wide open and the heat is gone. Took a short rip the other day, Temps high 60s low 70s never opened windshield at all. My old Mander anytime it was 60 or above windshield was open. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

61 - 62 of 62 Posts