Can-Am Commander Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check extreme metal products. You don't want a windshield that cracks . You want one strong enough that the mounts will let go before the windshield does.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. I'm going to have a look.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the Super ATV windshield on our commander. It has worked very well in over 6000 miles. I have even hit a branch about 30MPH on the passenger side that sounded like a gunshot going off. The only thing it did was saved my other half from getting impaled and it got a small scratch in the windshield. We like the flipup because my wife likes to take a ton of pictures so we just flip the windshield up and when she is done we either drop it to the vent location and completely close it up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might be interested to know that many aircraft windshields are poly, although up to several inches thick, and of many different types of poly. Most Service Centers have a guy who does nothing but polish scratches out of windshields. The insides get scratched up by pilot's rings and watches hitting them while they reach for something on the glareshield. The out sides are scratched by ground crews cleaning them improperly (many Corporate jets have small signs on the windshield instruction ground service people NOT to clean the windshield).

There are cleaning products available to clean them and kits to rub our the scratches. You have to determine how much your time is worth, but I would go glass,

Good luck

Mike

21 - 23 of 23 Posts