Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s everyone’s thoughts on a half windshield? I have a full one and hate it. It’s super hot all the time. My biggest concerns are wind deflection and debris.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
IMHO gotta have one but needs to open when its hot out. Check out the Kolpin or SATV hard coated

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
X2 for SATV flip up windshield!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have what everyone calls the kolpin windshield. Actually kolpin is just one company that brands the same windshield. BRP sells it too and so does directions 2. The cheapest place I found it was ebay and here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Tilt-Windshield-Can-Am-Commander-1000-Max-1000-800-800R-2011-to-2019-Lexan/202645852454?fits=Make:Can-Am&epid=17028326241&hash=item2f2ea25126:g:1FIAAOSw78xcmeTg It has closed plus 2 open positions and its also really easy to just pop the top section off leaving you with a 1/4 windshield for summer. The superatv is easier to operate as it has one handle in the middle with struts whereas the kolpin has one on each side. The superatv will open all the way and remain attached while the kolpin has two fixed open settings and the top must be removed if you want it all the way open (does the superatv top come completely off? can you run full speed with it fully opened?). They're both made of the same material. The main reason I went with the so called kolpin is because it was $100 cheaper. I've been running it for a few years and am satisfied. I see how the mechanism superatv uses is more convenient but then again its not much trouble to operate two handle/latches instead of one.

·
Registered
542 Posts
here in HOT Florida,i have a satv half windshield that deflects frontal wind & is easily installed or removed ,we only use it for our so called winter evening rides when the temp. drops below 60 or when riding in rainy weather. i usually wear a full coverage helmet when riding hard .

·
Registered
248 Posts
Another vote for the SATV flipup. Probably the #1 windshield on the market. I have had the half windshields and if you ever get caught in a raging rain storm that will end the half windshield idea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The tilt up is what I have on mine. Works great in all weather ! Fault: The windshield tilts in the middle and puts the edges right in your line of sight. I have to raise myself up or down slightly to get full vision. Not bad and you get use to it. Like the cornor posts on your truck getting in the way. 😁😎

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
here in HOT Florida,i have a satv half windshield that deflects frontal wind & is easily installed or removed ,we only use it for our so called winter evening rides when the temp. drops below 60 or when riding in rainy weather. i usually wear a full coverage helmet when riding hard .

“Winter evening rides when the temp drops below 60.” Baaahahaha!!!!!!! I wish. Sometimes that’s the high temp during the summer in Boogerland.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
My winter temps only get to -30 . I won’t ride colder temps than -30 .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
BRP Windshield

Bought the BRP "flip" windshield. A bit pricey (like every other accessory) but looks like a nice setup. Keeping the heat inside might be nice as Fall approaches here in northwestern Maine. Like it so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts