Can-Am Commander Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Ultimately I would love to have the CanAm Defender full glass tip out windshield, but da** on the price.....:wacko:

Besides price, my one concern with the glass windshield is what happens if/when it chips and cracks? Is this something that can be easily replaced at an "affordable" price at your local glass shop? Has anybody out there had to do this with theirs? I'm not sure if this windshield is a flat piece of glass, or if it has a curvature to it (and if this makes a difference on easily being replaced)? I'd hate to spend a fortune on the glass windshield only to spend another fortune having to replace it if damaged....

For the concerns above, I was debating on going with the SuperATV full vented windshield to save a lot of $$$, but I'm concerned at how easy the composite windshields scratch.....

Also debating on going with the half windshield from CanAm, but worried it won't really block enough of the wind.

Welcome everyone's input on the windshields they are using, and any answers to the questions above....
After a few hours of research and considering how I ride, I purchased the Super ATV windshield that will open some for air flow, or raise up. It was $450 just about everywhere I looked. I will have it installed Wednesday.

I have a quarter shield and it doesn't block enough wind. I didn't want a fold down laying on my hood. The full vented was a good option, but decided no in case it got muddy and I wanted clear vision or full breeze. The three position seemed best and will also keep drainage from roof off of us when it's up and open.

It is hard coated polycarbonate. Be sure to get HARD COATED (known by a couple different names) of you get polycarbonate, and learn how to clean them for best scratch resistance. All of them can be scratched.

I considered the factory Can Am windshield and the dealer assured me the quality was much better that aftermarket. I honestly could not tell that he is correct after looking at specs so I saved my $75.

There are some great videos on YouTube about the different types of windshield material, pros and cons, and cleaning and care.

I would encourage you to do a bit of that research with the understanding that all of them have great features and downsides. Let me know what you decide and why. I'm still learning!

I have the SATV windshield that you just bought and I am completely satisfied with it. It is very versatile. I just wish there was a way to put a wiper on it but even with the hardcoat it would be a no go. I think you'll be happy with it.

Steve

I used awindshield squeegee on my rhinos hardcoat windshield for years and have done the same on my commander since I’ve had a window on it. Doesn’t seem to hurt it. What is a wiper if not a squeegee? Of course I don’t squeegee mud or sand without rinsing it first.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.