Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy I was out plowing today and everything was fine except when I went to leave and pick up the plow the winch line tightened but would not lift the plow. The motor is spinning like everything is fine but the winch has 0 power the motor tone doesn't change or anything spins like its under 0 load it just doesn't turn the spool i can stop it with my hand .. I took it off and took it apart thinking the gears had to be shot but they look perfect no chips cracks nothing anywhere the little pin that engages also looks perfectly fine .. any ideas?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Is the spool actually not spinning, or spinning inside the nest of cable, as if the end of cable is not anchored?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The spool stops spinning the moment any pressure is put on the line but u can hear the motor spinning as if there is no load or anything
I checked by letting most the line out and actually feeling it because that was a thought I had aswell

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
You can use a set of jumper cables to test it out of the machine . I wouldn't put it back in till its working . From the sound of it you should be able to put your foot on the cable and hold winch and run it to see when its engaging properly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it out again i cleaned the 2 pins there free and engaging the ring gear but it is still doing the same thing.. I'm using a booster pack to test it now haha

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
Are the holes the pins drop in worn. Put some grease around the pins and slide it back together then pull apart and see how far the pins are going into the holes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts