Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Nope - I'll wait for a used one

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
thats true with a totally new product but the rotax is a proven engine and to make it a 1000 all they had to do is put bigger cylinders on the 800. their drive trains proven not many viscos ever failing... whats totally new the frame and plastic ... a steering wheel bucket seats, roll bar. you basically have a proven product ... correct me if I am wrong but for the most part isn't a commander basically a proven outty in a new frame and plastic??

They did not put larger cylinders on the 800 to make it a 1000 they increased the stroke to gain the extra CCs...13mm to be exact..they both ..800 and 1000 have 91mm bores..just sayin
I think that's what he was referring to Scott...bigger as in taller, not larger diameter, to accommodate the longer stroke.....

I like the the larger cc by all stroke as that leaves us to bolt-on probably another 170-180 cc at home when the aftermart gets done with R&D.....right now you can bolt-on a BBK to jump the 800 to 975, to bad these jugs won't fit the 1000 tho......

Also am thinking that when the aftermart has the 1000 BBK available, the core charge will probably be for the 1000 jugs only, and may be a very high dollar charge....Lance

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah they are slightly taller, maybe thats what he meant...just wanted others to know that the bore is the same...to me this is a GOOD thing...its much easier to start with the long stroke and then add bigger bore pistons later than to have to split the cases....the potential of this engine is redonkulous!!!

I am hoping that some of the current cams drop in and make power...I would like to do exhaust, cams, intake, and tuner before I even take mine out for a ride.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would like to do exhaust, cams, intake, and tuner before I even take mine out for a ride.
Hard core dude!..:eek:...no moss will grow under your Commander, eh?.....I want to find out about the warranty stipulations before modifying like heal tho.....Lance

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yeah they are slightly taller, maybe thats what he meant...just wanted others to know that the bore is the same...to me this is a GOOD thing...its much easier to start with the long stroke and then add bigger bore pistons later than to have to split the cases....the potential of this engine is redonkulous!!!

I am hoping that some of the current cams drop in and make power...I would like to do exhaust, cams, intake, and tuner before I even take mine out for a ride.
Pahrump, I am for adding aftermarket Goodies to increase performance,and HP, but I am planning on Breaking mine in and putting some miles on it before I make to many changes... I think... this will also give me time to learn about and work on all the new features of the Commander...

:D
SS

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thats good....breaking it in has nothing to do with adding on things though....theres nothing wrong with building it the way you want it and breaking it in like that. The warrenty is 6 months...not much to worry about and I never buy extended on these sort of items cause I like to mod em

Everyone has their own way of doing things...I believe in breaking in engines...no matter the vehicle....they way you will use it.

As for learning about and using the new features...its a UTV.....push button 4wd, high range low range reverse, SKINNY pedal and I think it has a wide pedal...not a lot to learn about...lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new on this forum, however I ride on trails and mud parks in east TX. I have owned seven ATV's, my last one I sold was a arctic cat 700. I'm now making the switch to a UTV. I am afraid to buy a first year machine. I'm intending on waiting until around May or June of 2011, by then the reviews should be out and a decision will be made.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm new on this forum, however I ride on trails and mud parks in east TX. I have owned seven ATV's, my last one I sold was a arctic cat 700. I'm now making the switch to a UTV. I am afraid to buy a first year machine. I'm intending on waiting until around May or June of 2011, by then the reviews should be out and a decision will be made.
Welcome to the Forum from Southern Cali... you will get plenty of information and reviews here...

:cool:
SS

·
Registered
12 Posts
well they are showing up 1 by 1 at the dealer nearest me in Illinois called em today and they got 1 in but sold it today to

41 - 50 of 50 Posts