Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Nope - I'll wait for a used one

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Put my deposit down on a XT camo. I am very excited and I am going to have a hard time waiting for it's arrival.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Who ever brings us the first commander and lets us borrow it for a couple of days will get the first set of seats designed for it.

Thanks,
then thats a good thing your about 35min from me
I heard that Brian from LTI (which is a member of this Forum, and already has an XT ) let TSS use his for a couple of days for some seat designs...

Maybe TWISTED STITCH SEATS will read this post and reply, because I'm in the IE area also...

:cool:
SS

·
Registered
13 Posts
after replacing 2 boots, both front rotors, one axle, a front diferential, needing a new real caliper and ruffing up the front bushings on my rzr. Im gunna wait to see how durable the new machine is before buying it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
after replacing 2 boots, both front rotors, one axle, a front diferential, needing a new real caliper and ruffing up the front bushings on my rzr. Im gunna wait to see how durable the new machine is before buying it.
I looked at the 2011 rzr and rhino.the dealer said he will see the rzr 3 times as much as the rhino in the shop.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I looked at the 2011 rzr and rhino.the dealer said he will see the rzr 3 times as much as the rhino in the shop.
The only problem with that is they probably sale 3 RZR's for every 1 rhino. So of course they will see more RZR's. I wish they had a JD Power survey like they have with auto's. Then we could see problems per 1000 units sold. Then we could have some better numbers to see the real reliability/durability of these machines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brand new 2010 Rzrs are still having tranny problems. Polaris had a 5/2010 build date fix to correct it. Seems that each Rzr model yr had at least one issue. We'll see how the 2011 holds up. Can-Am will have issues too.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Brand new 2010 Rzrs are still having tranny problems. Polaris had a 5/2010 build date fix to correct it. Seems that each Rzr model yr had at least one issue. We'll see how the 2011 holds up. Can-Am will have issues too.
You bet Cam-Am will have some issues too, but I think all of us buying the first ones know this and are willing to take that chance... Sometimes it cost to be the first buyers, but other times it does not... thats the chance after doing my home work I am willing to take...

:p
SS

·
Administrator
1,257 Posts
thats true with a totally new product but the rotax is a proven engine and to make it a 1000 all they had to do is put bigger cylinders on the 800. their drive trains proven not many viscos ever failing... whats totally new the frame and plastic ... a steering wheel bucket seats, roll bar. you basically have a proven product ... correct me if I am wrong but for the most part isn't a commander basically a proven outty in a new frame and plastic??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Also, low production runs of first generation products rarely turn out well. We'll see. :)
IMO I would take a guess that this machine have been out for 2 or 3 years being a demo and test driven, to many peeps have seen something (not sure what it was) over the last couple of years...up north & in the desert..... Barbara :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was at the can am dealer earlier today and the 3 we getting are already gone. I was looking at the outlanders. do the disc for the breaks being near the diferentials vs on the tires help them hold up anymore? The commander is alot wider than i thought it was gunna be 58 inchs on the specs. You guys think that'll make it a bit harder to ride on the trails?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I agree, I think the Commander is the Can-am Frankenstein. Other than the frame and plastics it seems that everything else has been proven on other Can-am platforms (Outlander/Renegade/Spyder/Sea doo/Ski Doo). The gauge looks like it came from the Spyder. I bet a lot of the electronics did too. So in that aspect I feel good about the first run. I tell you what I don't feel good about, and this will make everyone but the X guys nervous. You see, the boys down in Mexico have never built a Commander before. There will be a learning curve on the assembly line. The 1st 100 Commanders won't be built as well as the 2nd hundred. The X model is being built last, so I feel the learning curve will be good by then. For you guys getting everything else, well.....good luck!! I really mean that too. I hate to hear when someone gets a lemon.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I was at the can am dealer earlier today and the 3 we getting are already gone.
Not demo units, the real deal? So there are 3 people out there that have a production units and haven't posted yet? Damn, I may be eating crow with that guy in Canada. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
alright so i read some things on here i dont agree on.. all the can-am products are made in my dads factory excpet the ds 450 and spyder..

They have shipped out some commanders but the first ones was for touring around the world to let people know how they run.. next they released a handful of them to some of the best dealers of can-am in north america.. in a coupole weeks maybe days they will be out on the market to be bought and to ride them... no private owner who has no work affairs with BRP should have one at all.

·
Registered
308 Posts
alright so i read some things on here i dont agree on.. all the can-am products are made in my dads factory excpet the ds 450 and spyder..

They have shipped out some commanders but the first ones was for touring around the world to let people know how they run.. next they released a handful of them to some of the best dealers of can-am in north america.. in a coupole weeks maybe days they will be out on the market to be bought and to ride them... no private owner who has no work affairs with BRP should have one at all.
Not sure what you are getting at or I'm not understanding what you are saying.....and by the way welcome to the forum.....Barbara :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was told by the west coast rep that the first ones out will be produced in Canada. They stopped production on the Spyder to do this.

·
Registered
245 Posts
thats true with a totally new product but the rotax is a proven engine and to make it a 1000 all they had to do is put bigger cylinders on the 800. their drive trains proven not many viscos ever failing... whats totally new the frame and plastic ... a steering wheel bucket seats, roll bar. you basically have a proven product ... correct me if I am wrong but for the most part isn't a commander basically a proven outty in a new frame and plastic??

They did not put larger cylinders on the 800 to make it a 1000 they increased the stroke to gain the extra CCs...13mm to be exact..they both ..800 and 1000 have 91mm bores..just sayin

21 - 40 of 50 Posts