Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a new home and I will have a daylight basement with a 6/0x6/8 French door in the basement. Has anyone successfully parked there commander in the basement for winter storage?? Only asking because I’m not home to measure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
6' tall door will be close. Been long time sense I measured one. I do know that my enclosed trailer door was 72 with beaver tail ramp. And it barely fit with beaver tail. Don't think it would if back deck in trailer would have been flat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6' tall door will be close. Been long time sense I measured one. I do know that my enclosed trailer door was 72 with beaver tail ramp. And it barely fit with beaver tail. Don't think it would if back deck in trailer would have been flat.
I feared this... perhaps a few pounds out of the tires for winter storage will help.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I would think the 6/0 is the width. My door opening height where I store is 77 inches, which is 6/5. Unless your door measurements are for the rough opening, you should be OK. Mine has the blow-molded can-am roof, too, which is thicker than my head.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The opening should in theory be 72x84... I’m in the commercial door business and doors typically measure from door jamb to door jamb and the ro would be in addition.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Then you should be good to go.......unless your measurements are HxW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You do realize that your side by side is filled with some very nasty, caustic chemicals, right? And most are vented in one way or another. You really don't want that in your house where you live and sleep. Those vapors will permeate everywhere. Not only dangerous to you and your family, but you may never get the smell out of your house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts