Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Yes, I had them just on the rear 1 1/4". After removing my rear torsion bar and adding a 2" puck lift I added them to the front as well. Front/rear or both it helps with stability.

·
Super Moderator
25,672 Posts
Rear in my book is wide enough I have ran spacers on front only to square up the machine. And if it's wider in the front and fits between the trees well rear will follow. But if rear it wider you might fit in front and not in rear.

Learn from my mistakes it's cheaper on you wallet!!!

I have done so much for so long with so little I am now qualified to do everything with nothing!!!

This is for everyone out there in Commander Land. You don't have to hang with the big dogs you just have to watch them play!!!

Poor men have poor ways!!!

When in doubt gas it you got to make it or break it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do a lot of people use wheel spacers or they not worth it for the stress they put on the front end

·
Super Moderator
25,672 Posts
I personally can't think of a time that I felt any change in stability with or without them. But other think they work. I personally do not.

Learn from my mistakes it's cheaper on you wallet!!!

I have done so much for so long with so little I am now qualified to do everything with nothing!!!

This is for everyone out there in Commander Land. You don't have to hang with the big dogs you just have to watch them play!!!

Poor men have poor ways!!!

When in doubt gas it you got to make it or break it.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Wheel spacer are a band aide for poor factory springs. Do yourself a favor, save up for the racer tech dual rate springs and improve your ride quality, side hill stability and high speed cornering.

I owned wheel spacers and spent an entire day testing with and without them and I concluded they had zero seat of the pants benefits therefore I sold them and didn't look back. These aren't just theories, I actually tested and they are a waste of money.

Jason

·
Registered
2,521 Posts

As stated above the testing was with racer tech dual rate springs, with and without wheel spacers. I found the wheel spacers to not be necessary and sold them the next week. If the helped, even just a little bit I would have kept them. I found that they accelerated wear and tear on ball joints, racks, tie rods and suspension bushings. I have a bachelors degree I physics, I get the theory wider is better, but at the end of the day the seat of the pants benefits just weren't there...

If your looking for better side hill stability, high speed cornering and better handling, skip wheel spacers and check out the dual rate springs setups.

Limited

XT

X

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts