Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering opening a UTV specific shop locally. My question is if i were in your town;

What parts/accessories would you like to see in stock?

Would you rather support a UTV specific shop for repairs or the dealer?

What are the major items that you replace/repair often?

Do you buy roll cages online or have a local 4x4 shop custom build it?

·
Registered
726 Posts
To me the biggest thing would be, to have demo unit's to test drive.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SERVICE I traveled 3 hours to buy my last bike just for the service. Most dealers I deal with are not knowledgeable about anything aftermarket.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Parts in stock for the units.. I understand you can't stock everything but waiting 10 days on a bolt is a bit much..

·
Registered
424 Posts
All the above and lots of aftermarket bling. I would keep current with all the new stuff coming out with the vendors. I don't know anyone that keeps their toys stock. Find a couple of people who love the toys and are big in their respective communities and cut them a good deal and the parts will sell themselves. Worked for my buddy. He sold a massive amount of parts for Rhino's and made a great profit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pretty much all that was stated above and at least two utility models.

Every time i go to a demo the machine i want is never on display.

Either it's in the back and still crated, or they are just to lazy or only want to sell the " flashy " go fast machines.

Also i would like the see more mid range machines. The can-am dealers only seem to demo the smallest & largest outlanders, in this case the 400 and the 800, and no 650.

As far as the commander in concerned. It's the X model(s) and nothing else in the showroom. I want the XT .

Much better prices. If you had not noticed, can-am products in Canada are 1000's$ more expensive than in the USA.

Experienced & honest mechanics.. Yeah i know , they are perhaps a myth...

Weird.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts