Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Max over the weekend and looking for some help as to what mods to put on it. We ride the rocky trails of the Ozark National Forest and for sure need to put some type of lift just for the GC. Should I just do the racertech lift? Its seems to get good reviews on here. If I do should I get the new springs? Or should I do the arched a arms? Also what tires? We do not ride hard and stay out of the mud. Mostly just me and the family cruising through the woods so I don't think I would have any axle trouble but I'm not sure. Also what's a good stereo to put in? Sorry all the questions. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I got a Commander Max and am not to far north of you. I have a 2" lift and 29" Rocktane XS tires on mine. I still think I need to extend the width, with either new a arms or at the very least wheel spacers.

Congrats on the new machine, I love mine!

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you get the racertech lift definitely get the springs. Your stock springs will beat your spine up BAD. This is from experience.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Yeah get the rt lift and springs and if you ride rocky trails get yourself somebeadlocks with at least a 6 or 8 ply tire

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you get the springs one thing to remember is how fast you ride makes a difference. I mostly ride at slow speeds, around 15 mph or so in the trails. I went with the medium springs and thought they rode rough at low speeds, but if you ride faster they would work well. I probably should have went with the softer springs for my type of riding. Racer tech offered to exchange them for me which I though was great for a company to do that. I just never got around to doing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts