Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Could this be close to the face of the new Commander?! The KDM TRAX Buggy sheds some light on what the all new Can-Am Commander could look like. Either way, it's exciting times for the UTV market in general and hopefully we will have a new kid on the block soon!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Interesting.

Not my cup of tea.

However it has some interesting design elements.

Rear radiator which is typical to BRP as well.

Nice to see a manual tranny in a new machine.

The fore to aft wheel base is a little long. I know that the Joyner trooper has similar specs and get's hung up on rocks, logs and stumps.

Forward angled aft shocks/springs, interesting will help with accelerations & decelerations.

The aft rack is almost worthless. It's way to close to the unshielded engine.

Nice large & capable differential.

The engine is the same 812cc & 1100cc cherry(tm) you find in the Joyner utv's.

Both Trax machines are re-stylized Joyner Trooper UTV's

Other than that it looks like fun.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That looks really cool, but I imagine Can-Am will come out with something that looks more like a utility utv with much sportier styling than we're used to seeing. Only time will tell! :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
That looks really cool, but I imagine Can-Am will come out with something that looks more like a utility utv with much sportier styling than we're used to seeing. Only time will tell! :)
Not certain. However i get the impression that the new can-am SxS will be a kind of enlarged Renegade.

As far as shape and style goes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The KDM JP looks like a better choice as a competitor the the RZR.

800 JEEP Buggy <<<<---- link

There are also several videos links on that page.

I like the JP's lever positions, Foot space, tow hooks, and armor.

What i don't like is the lack of a trailer receiver hitch and excessive plastic body parts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What i would to see is a modern day version of the terra-jet.

I still have a couple, and for a mid 70's atv it makes the RZR look pathetic. Not to mention the myriad of times i have pulled out Polairs, Yamaha, and AC utv's with my old terra-jet.

... and it's 4 wheeled & amphibious. Not to mention it can go very fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts