Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lookin forward to a ride report Jon :cool:
Headed to sand mountain on the 16-17. Guys trip. You should come on out.

Seems like a lot of the long travel guys are using stock length shocks. I am going to work with the stock arms for a bit then swap to long travel with the same shocks. Maybe respring and revalve? Figured that would be a path a lot of people would take so they could ease into it.
Sand mountain sounds like a great idea! Only an hour away from us.
Come on out! I will have my Commander and maybe my RZR. Lots of UTVs in our camp.

·
Vendor
774 Posts
Elka just sent out a press release on their shocks for the Commander. I will have a set of Stage 4 shocks on my Commander hopefully by this weekend.....
Lookin forward to a ride report Jon :cool:
Headed to sand mountain on the 16-17. Guys trip. You should come on out.

Seems like a lot of the long travel guys are using stock length shocks. I am going to work with the stock arms for a bit then swap to long travel with the same shocks. Maybe respring and revalve? Figured that would be a path a lot of people would take so they could ease into it.
Got our VIN# today so Commander should be here soon. We have a trip to Sand Mountain planned, just waiting for the Commander. Just might take you up on that offer :cool: I agree about the progression you mention, makes sense.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great weekend at Sand Mountain. First time in the dunes with the Elka stage III shocks and I was very happy with the performance. No more bottoming out in the g-outs is huge for the way I like to drive. And the ride was still plush. Only issue I saw was some bucking in the whoops back in the canyon. But it is real hard to get up on top of the whoops when you are carving down a canyon with metal trail markers along the edge. I am sure with a little adjustment, they will do good in the whoops too. I was just too busy having fun to even think about screwing around with making any adustments. :D

Really had fun with the Commander. The paddle tires I added gave it just enough extra width to feel more stable on the side hills too. Performance was awesome with Muzzys exhaust, and the ride was much improved over stock. Can't wait for Glamis..... More pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
who here is selling these shocks and whick ones most like fox if you have xt and want to upgrade?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah those are some good size paddles 14" right? I guess with the performance and those floating over the sand you may not noticed.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Here is a video a friend took of me in Super Bowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B30ItR4VHOQ

You CA guys SUCK!!! :D

Living on the right coast, we'll never see those kinds (hell, any) sand dunes. That is cool as shit. One day, I'm gonna travel to the left side of this country with my freakin' UTV just so I can play.

I realize ya'll have flags but you pretty well have to come to a stop to go over the edge of a dune like that, don't you?

The thought of flying over the edge of a dune would be great... the thought of crashing into another UTV doing the same thing...well, not so great.

Wish we had sand.

GREAT videos....

Mark

21 - 33 of 33 Posts