Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Can Am commander 800R XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
Im looking to buy a GPS for UTV riding that I can have interactive maps on.
We will be riding the Black Hills South Dakota area for a trip , also in Minnesota and Wisconsin on a regular basis.
What are all your recommendations [email protected].
Thanks
Bob
2013 Commander 800R XT Camo

·
Administrator
26,546 Posts
That's onx SD trails already loaded for a lot of the us .

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
I use GAIA on my phone. Works great for when I need to find my way out after a few wrong turns. Turn on GAIA, hook up the bluetooth and toss it in the glovebox.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello ,
Im looking to buy a GPS for UTV riding that I can have interactive maps on.
We will be riding the Black Hills South Dakota area for a trip , also in Minnesota and Wisconsin on a regular basis.
What are all your recommendations [email protected].
Thanks
Bob
2013 Commander 800R XT Camo
For riding the Black Hills, download the Avenza app.

·
Registered
2013 Can Am commander 800R XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info on the GPS and apps.

·
Registered
2015 Commander 1000 XT
4 Posts
Because there is very spotty cell coverage (mostly not) where I ride, my phone does not like bouncing in and out of systems from different carriers (and countries - Canada is only a mile or two away). Probably for that reason, I haven't had good luck with the phone or tablet apps. Instead, I use a cheap old Garmin Nuvi 57 in a case mounted to the grab rail and install trail maps from one of the commercial sources like GPS Trailmasters. Total investment is under $150 with a 4 year subscription to map updates. Maybe not as elegant as some other solutions, but it works for me and I can easily pull trip logs into Garmin Basecamp (free) for post-ride analysis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts