Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what accessories everyone is planning on purchasing when they buy their Commander? I am buying a X model so here is what I am thinking?

Gotta have the winch since the X does not come with it. There is always mud in Oklahoma and you never know when you will get stuck!
Also plan on buying half windshield, Sport visor and middle section, and front light protectors.
Debating on buying all the skid plates, I see a lot of rocks and I know I will need them, just not for sure if I should buy the ones that Can Am is showing or wait til aftermarket.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I know is that if you add it up, Can Am is charging $1,134.94 retail to get all of their skids including the arm protectors. I would think that someone would make them a lot cheaper than that but I could be wrong.

·
Administrator
1,257 Posts
I just called ricochet and they say yes they will be making skids. someone that has preordered one has already contacted them and as soon as he gets it ricochet will be able to do their magic =]]] ... talked to them about other things too soooo stay tuned haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would have to have hard coat full winsheild and 2 piece top for starters, and probably rock sliders soon there after!!! For my 800xt in yellow,i cant wait!!!!

·
Vendor
774 Posts
Just curious what accessories everyone is planning on purchasing when they buy their Commander? I am buying a X model so here is what I am thinking?

Gotta have the winch since the X does not come with it. There is always mud in Oklahoma and you never know when you will get stuck!
Also plan on buying half windshield, Sport visor and middle section, and front light protectors.
Debating on buying all the skid plates, I see a lot of rocks and I know I will need them, just not for sure if I should buy the ones that Can Am is showing or wait til aftermarket.
We'll have UHMW skids and a-arm guards available likely before people start getting their Commanders in September. They'll be less than 1/2 the cost, half the weight and superior in performance to the skids I'm seeing on the Can Am site. I'd wait :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't believe the X didn't come with a winch up here in Canada it's a $1000 bucks for the winch and bracket flippen crazy. I like the LED Bar and front portion of the roof, half visor, hopefuly SSV makes a stereo like they did for the RZR. Skid system, then the rest of the goodies when the wife gives me my allowance.

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
I can't believe the X didn't come with a winch up here in Canada it's a $1000 bucks for the winch and bracket flippen crazy. I like the LED Bar and front portion of the roof, half visor, hopefuly SSV makes a stereo like they did for the RZR. Skid system, then the rest of the goodies when the wife gives me my allowance.
Buy the commander winch bracket and 2" receiver then buy the winch eslewere. You will save almost $200.00 USD. Then make a 2" receiver hitch bracket. There is a roof with stearo and HID lights being offered at less than what the Can-Am unit will run just with the Halogens and light bar.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I had to buy 1500 in accessories with my deposit on the X. I got the full skids, winch, and winch plate. They are giving me the winch at cost, so I save some money there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got a call from the parts guy at the dealership where I left my deposit. He want's to know if I want to order any accessories with my Commander. I had just woke up and kinda blew him off but, I think I'm gonna call back and get the roof and full windshield.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

We'll have UHMW skids and a-arm guards available likely before people start getting their Commanders in September. They'll be less than 1/2 the cost, half the weight and superior in performance to the skids I'm seeing on the Can Am site. I'd wait :)
Bob..... Are you considering doing roof panels?

·
Vendor
774 Posts

Bob..... Are you considering doing roof panels?
Yeah we'll have a roof for sure, probably a hard top and soft top options. Can-Am roof is nice, but it's big bucks and it really limits your lighting options.

·
Registered
308 Posts
For my X...She will have a half windshield and black top (sport visor & top) this year, may update next year to another top but this one will get me thru winter here on the coast.....:commanderroll:...you noticed osokill has a women driving this smiley ......lol.......Barbara :)

·
Premium Member
2,765 Posts
Here is my list for the "X":

Fender Flares
Front Winch mount
2" front receiver
Lower tail gate lock
Pre filter
Extreme front Bumper
Rear Bumper (maybe)
Front Skid plate
Lateral front skid plates
Front "A" arm Skid plates. (maybe)

I chose these parts because they are specifically designed for the machine and I feel they will be a better fit than a similar aftermarket part or hand made. I have the tools to make a lot of these Items however I bought this machine so I have more time to ride and less time to work on stuff!
In the near future I will be buying things like an aftermarket roof with sound system and lights, full doors and a center skid plate.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts