Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
353 Posts
I think there were some pictures posted awhile back. I'll be interested in how it compares to the yamaha rmax. Also, I wonder if the rmax release is what delayed the can-am's release earlier.
I bet you're right. Probably not the best marketing strategy, but it could have saved some face by giving it a once-over and some more long term testing. I'm excited to see it! Those leaked pics looks pretty cool...if that's what we were seeing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is it going to have more HP? Independent a-arms? Full doors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well I must say it looks awesome! Turf mode is nice plus smart lock on xt-p model. I think the max unit looks better than any other four seater they make. Only downfall is price! Have to buy xt-p just to get decent shocks. I’d be buying xt-p anyway because I’d want smart lock. But still looks like a good upgrade from my 2012 commander

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I must say it looks awesome! Turf mode is nice plus smart lock on xt-p model. I think the max unit looks better than any other four seater they make. Only downfall is price! Have to buy xt-p just to get decent shocks. I’d be buying xt-p anyway because I’d want smart lock. But still looks like a good upgrade from my 2012 commander
Thank you for the feedback—on price keep in mind it's exclusively the 1000R engine available at launch—dollar for dollar actually a bit less expensive than the outgoing model. Excited to watch the second phase of the Commander story unfold!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts

I know what you're saying but it would be hard for me to choose this new commander over the yamaha rmax, all models of which have a locking front diff and all have qs3 shocks, I think. But I would have to look at and drive both for a better formed opinion.

·
Super Moderator
25,807 Posts
Lol yall done fallen and hit your heads. Seriously it's a long wheelbase mav trail with a dump bed. For the 23k of the xtp you can buy a base x3 with 120hp bolt on a hitch to pull trailer with bed on trailer bigger than bed on xtp. And deck the x3 out for same money as the xtp. But the xtp does have a dump bed. I'm sure you will sale plenty of the for sure. Sorry for the rant was just expecting more for less. Not less for more.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The rmax is what I’ve been looking at too. It’s a nice machine and for 23k you can have all the commander has plus a nice sound system! Everything I own is made by BRP. Quad, boat , boat engine and sxs! Damnit I work just to buy their stuff. Lol

·
Registered
286 Posts
I understand but I sure do miss the smoothness no belt slipping of the ultramatic. . . and the locking front diff . . . and rarely having to work on it . . . lol
Rmax is ugly tho. I still thought about buying one just for reliability of Yamaha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol yall done fallen and hit your heads. Seriously it's a long wheelbase mav trail with a dump bed. For the 23k of the xtp you can buy a base x3 with 120hp bolt on a hitch to pull trailer with bed on trailer bigger than bed on xtp. And deck the x3 out for same money as the xtp. But the xtp does have a dump bed. I'm sure you will sale plenty of the for sure. Sorry for the rant was just expecting more for less. Not less for more.
Interesting theory, except that out of the box, the Commander will out-tow any Maverick X3 by ~700 lbs. XT-P is definitely the enthusiast pick at launch—but really, we updated the entire lineup with a lot of capability you couldn't easily add to a Commander before. (And comparing the least expensive 2020 1000 to the 2021 1000, the price has actually gone done a few hundred $.)

We're on Day 1, there's more to the Commander story to come. Thanks for taking the time to lay down the rant, all good! Hope you get some seat time this spring!

·
Super Moderator
25,807 Posts
I will have to say you have never towed anything with a old commander new commander or a x3. I can use the x3 to out tow commander or defender. Anyone can read the brochure.

·
Super Moderator
25,807 Posts
But I will keep my eye open after they are in the woods or my dealer gets them in. Seat time would be nice. If I get a chance I will report back. Was kinda happy to see you didn't abandon it all together. But really curious how it will compare to the old model and the other models.

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Sad that the crappy visco is still being sold . Good diff in only the top model .

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I use the utility aspect more than the sport aspect. But I would not want just a utility machine.

Ace, maybe they could have put the bed on the x3 instead of the trail/sport. Lol

when the time comes, I’ll make a decision between the rmax and the new commander.

agree with Troy on the diff!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,807 Posts
Sad that the crappy visco is still being sold . Good diff in only the top model .

Xtp for 23000 has smart lock. Which in Derek's x3 rc has been making metal every oil change for first 1500 miles. Dealer says its normal. Lol as soon as it pops I will be putting in a halo and disabling the smart lock. Dealer says change oil every 20 hrs it will be fine. Lol and he did that for first 100 hrs. And ever time oil came out silver . I changed it in moab last fall it wasn't pretty.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts