Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a month since the release. I don't know about you guys, but I already feel like I have been waiting on my X forever. Time just seems to be dragging on. I can't believe I still have 3 possibly 4 more months of this. I've read every review, seen every pic, and have read countless hours of forum pages. I need some new stuff to look at. I wish can am would put out some more video's or pics, or something! The hype is settling down big time and we need some more stuff to talk about.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Xelvic I agree, was just thinking about that same thing earlier today. You that have test drives coming up be sure to take mental notes and pictures and post them on the forum. What would be really cool is to get a Video of a test drive, and post that. There is lots of us out here that have not even seen one in person, let alone drive one. I am scheduled for a test drive in Sept. but thats a long ways off. With us on the forum we can give the reviews, and also new pics as we test drive and see it in person. What do you think??

:cool:
SS

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree with both of you. We need some more stuff to look at. I can't afford one right now but I can't wait for Sept just so I can test one. It starts getting a little boring when you have read every review and looked at every picture 4 times.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well i didn't get my hopes up. I know that according to several canadian dealers that there will be only the 1000cc model available here in Canada for this year.

Perhaps, and this is by no means certain. The 800cc modele will be available in Canada for Xmas.

I'l wait for another year hoping that can-am gets the HINT and make a Canadian inspired UTV instead.

I heard that Suzuki will be making a utv soon. Perhaps they will have better vision.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree with everyone, I want to see more.
My dealer keeps mentioning that his rep should be getting one soon and plans to bring it by the dealership for test rides. I sure hope so.....Oct. is still months away!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Approach angle

Something to talk about I guess...

What do folks that have seen and ridden these in person think about the approach angle capability of the commander compared to the other sxs's out there. Can't really tell from the pics I've seen. I think the rear of the commander will be tough to back up to a near vertical obstacle and get up and over unless at an angle or not perpendicular to. May not be a big deal just thinking of some of the silly situations I get my renegade into.

Would be cool if you could pull or back up to a vertical wall/big a$$ boulder and get over it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i think something is fishy about the long wait and cancelled test drives.....i have a deposit on an x but i don't know why a company would come out with these and not have a stock pile ready to sell......

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The demo's are all prototypes. They just went into factory production on July 5th. I'm glad they are letting people beat the hell out of them. Hopefully they found some issues to correct before the factory started producing them.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The demo's are all prototypes. They just went into factory production on July 5th. I'm glad they are letting people beat the hell out of them. Hopefully they found some issues to correct before the factory started producing them.
Hey Xelvic, I under stand the proto types, and hopefully all the changes are for the good. But where did you find out they started production on 7/5.

:p
SS

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I don't know for a fact, but have read in a magazine article that's when it started. Plus, I would believe me because I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove the Commander Saturday,it seemed really heavy,steering was heavy compared to a RZR or Ranger.Power seemed to be all mid range,had to push the pedal a long way and seemed to ramp up slowly.Seat too cramed for a bigger guy,left elbow was hitting cage support when sawing back and forth.Alot of heat coming up from shifter area.
Clunking in drive line has to be toned down.
Alot of body roll also.Suspension was good for a big machine.
Overall I think it is ok for a first time shot.Feels like a better suspended Teryx.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts