Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Welcome to CommanderForums.org - This site was born April 17th, 2010 with the announcement of the Can-Am Commander SXS/UTV. The forum was created for Can-Am Commander Owners and enthusiasts to learn, discuss, and share knowledge of the new UTV/SXS. There are many areas of discussions ranging from Commander Maintenance tips, Commander Repair help, Commander Roll Cages and Can-Am Commander Safety, Commander Modifications, Commander SXS Racing, Commander Accessories, Commander Parts, Events and much more! If your new to the site please take a moment and register to enjoy all of the features of the site, it's free!

Be sure to checkout these areas of the site.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi. Pleased to see that we now have a forum for the proposed can-am UTV.

Unofficial rumors claim that it won't be before 2010. If so i hope they actually make a UTV and not only a sport model.

Would be nice to see a concept drawing..

·
Registered
214 Posts
welcome to the site! It would be nice if they made a 4 seater and a sport 2 seater model! Something for everyone. We are still trying to contact every one we can to bring even a hint of new information, stay tuned!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would like to see something in the design similar to the Cub Cadet volunteer.

It's wider, more cargo & towing capacity, very stable, and is still quite sporty. Not to mention very well built.

Goes better on trails atvs use.

I can imagine what an 800+cc rotax engine will do in a UTV...

Thanks for the 2010 news update dates & time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Side by side

Unofficial rumors claim that it won't be before 2010. If so i hope they actually make a UTV and not only a sport model.

i cant say who i am but i have confirmation that the new side by side, has the 1000cc engine, and that can-am has already prepared their campaign.
YES FOLKS!!! pics are ready, production is ready to start! everything will be released at the same time!! thats how they will make a hit! can't give too much more info because i don't want to risk someones job! but its real, its coming real soon, and IT IS BADASS!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well if it's so "BADASS!!" it's a sport only modele.

Oh well.

·
Registered
30 Posts

i cant say who i am but i have confirmation that the new side by side, has the 1000cc engine, and that can-am has already prepared their campaign.
YES FOLKS!!! pics are ready, production is ready to start! everything will be released at the same time!! thats how they will make a hit! can't give too much more info because i don't want to risk someones job! but its real, its coming real soon, and IT IS BADASS!!
Well, I won't ask for pictures, stats, or technical details, but can you at least provide a release date????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ill believe it when I see it. I hope I see it!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I found this pic, and it's was what got me interested in one! Looks a lot like a RZR to me... different head lights, emblem, etc..
Hello Madera Calif, and welcome.

That photoshoped image has been floating around for for quite some time, along with a couple others.

Mostly concept ideas from BRP enthusiasts.

Try this link:

http://www.canamutvforums.com/forums/can-am-utv-general-discussion/43-utv-can-am-components-ausa-task-m50.html

For just about all intents and purpose this is a Can-Am UTV made by Ausa in Spain.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi.

I don't know what brp will come up with.

I have noticed that including Bennche, and other generic atv/utv brand simply copy the two most popular sport machines which are the Yamaha Rhino and the Polaris RZR.

It's one of the reasons i have not been back to Polaris. I had their machines and was very disappointed.

I hope brp will be very unique.

I sold my utv and got some utv tracks for my next machine.

I am not certain if i my should wait for brp, or start making my own.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have thought about just jumping on a RZR so many times but I cannot stomach all the horror stories about them. HOPEFULLY this time next year we will all be talking about our Can Am SXS's!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi.

Personally i would prefer a multi use UTV instead of a sport machine.

I get insanely bored on sport machines.

That aside the can-am SxS should be significantly better than the Polaris RZR.

Here is a good example of the amount of time and money that you will need to put into a stock RZR to get up to even a cheap dune buggy's abilities.

http://www.canamutvforums.com/forums/can-am-utv-general-discussion/35-world-record-mcx-usa-rzr-turbo-jump-110-feet.html

Thats' about 6000$ CDN for those RZR upgrades.

Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts