Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed engine on my 2018 Can Am Defender and then when accelerating in High there was hesitation accompanied by a high pitched whine until maybe going 5-10 mph then disappears. Oddly it does not do this in Low or Reverse. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s quite possible, I am not an expert on that stuff. However that has been suggested. If it is the case how does a little water on the belt cause the hesitation and how does one fix this issue? I really appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Water is a lubricant. There should be a drain plug, hose, or something in the bottom of the cvt housing. Refer to your owner's manual. A residual amount on belt or sheaves will evaporate/dissipate with operation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a drain, opened it and it was dry so maybe there is a small amount only. I will run the sucker for a bit tomorrow and see if it dissipates:)
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
Updates ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a drain, opened it and it was dry so maybe there is a small amount only. I will run the sucker for a bit tomorrow and see if it dissipates:)
Thanks for the advice.
Sorry no update. Waiting on some clutch removal gizmo to remove and clean/dry belt. However it’s been almost a week, I drive it about 1 mile yesterday and it still makes noise. Seems like it wud have evaporated? I did check the drain bottom of CVT and no water in there. I’m thinking maybe something more serious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts