Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a '14 800XT. I get home and realize that none of the Pre-Delivery Inspection or Warranty Registration information is filled out. My gut is telling me to take it back to the dealer and ensure all of this gets done. What do you guys think? Was all of this info completed for you when you took delivery. They basically brought the unit around and helped me load it in the trailer and said thanks. Thoughts?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Take it back.
Absolutely my information was filled out.
I had white marks all over my machine where they marked where they checked the bolts,etc.
I would ask them for proof they did a pre - delivery inspection also.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
They should of gone over the machine with you. When they did mine we found an anti-freeze leak which was documented along with a couple of other things. It's up to you but I would call them. Who knows if the PDI was even done ! Take it back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It's going back. It makes me nervous to trust them to do the pre-delivery inspection if they sold it to me without it. I'll let you guys know how it goes though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: So I go to the dealer today and ask them about the pre-delivery inspection and warranty registration. They first told me that everything is done online and where did I get the paperwork that I had. When I told them it was in the owners packet in the glove box they tell me that I was not suppose to have it and that they normally remove it before delivery. I then ask them for the Certificate of Origin and am told that they are waiting for it to get notarized, which will not be until next Wednesday. So I left with only the pre-delivery inspection filled out and signed. They would not fill out the warranty registration paperwork. Unfortunately I paid cash for the Commander but I will be back on Monday with my Commander and attorney in tow because I really don't trust these guys and that will be the 3rd business day after the sale. So I'll either be leaving with my paperwork or giving the commander back and getting a refund of my $$.

The saga continues...

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
That's what I'm talking about!!! I wouldn't take there word for anything they won't take your word they want a paper trail.. tell them business is business produce what's required or refund the cash and go to a better dealer that has there crap together.!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
"When I told them it was in the owners packet in the glove box they tell me that I was not suppose to have it and that they normally remove it before delivery."

That statement in itself would raise a red flag to me that they didn't do any inspection at all.
If this is "normal" it would have been done.

"They would not fill out the warranty registration paperwork."
What was their reasoning for not filling it out?

"I then ask them for the Certificate of Origin and am told that they are waiting for it to get notarized, which will not be until next Wednesday."

They don't have a bank or know anyone that is a Notary Public so it could be done before that?

This sounds like they are as full of crap as a Christmas turkey.
Good for you to bring a Lawyer.
I would just get my money back,give them the Commander and go elsewhere.
If you had to go through all this just buying it,how do you think (after bringing in a Lawyer) you are going to be treated for warranty work being done.
Also just because they filled out the pre delivery and signed it does not prove it was ever done.
Man I can't stand Dealers that pull this crap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@xt4me: They told me they didn't fill out the warranty paperwork because it is filled out online. I still find this hard to believe as the warranty paperwork is mentioned in 2 different parts of the pre-delivery checklist. One time as the paper copy that the owner signs needing to be filed and another regarding inputting into the BOSSWeb (online) system. I like your point. I think I will just return the unit. Hell I paid cash so there really is nothing special about buying from them.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Not a thing special when paying cash get a refund and go somewhere else and buy a 2014 Commander elsewhere. There's to much shady things going on.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I just looked in my packet and I do not have a paper that I signed for just the warranty either.
What I do have is the warranty listed on the Bill of Sale that I signed.
I was sitting with the Finance Manager when he put all the warranty information into the computer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts