Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently started looking around at a few sxs and have settled on the commander (I wanted something I could use around the farm/hunting, but yet be able to play as well), but these things are hard to find now days....in decent shape anyway. Im in NC and have came across a 2015 Commander 1000XT that appears to be in excellent condition with 416 miles on it. I originally did not want to go below a 2018 model, but as stated previously they're hard to find around me. Is the 2015 a good machine and were there any major problems with this year model?

I have attached a few pictures below.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It depends now on the price, but that is a clean '15.

I have a '14 1000 XT that I keep clean, mostly road usage and it has served me well. No real complaints.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends now on the price, but that is a clean '15.

I have a '14 1000 XT that I keep clean, mostly road usage and it has served me well. No real complaints.

Keep us posted.
He’s at $13k right now, which includes the plow. I don’t really have a need for it so I can sell it to help bring that cost down some. Thoughts on the price?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just bought one this past week without a plow or doors in much worse condition with 2500 miles on it for $9k. Given the market right now if you can sell the plow for $1k I think you have a good deal there.

·
Registered
547 Posts
looks like a decent machine that wasn't used for mudding or beat like a circus animal which is a good thing.the utv market is crazy expensive these days due to low supply & high demand which has brought the used market up in pricing.you may be able to beat his price ,but most lower priced machines will more than likely be in poor condition needing many $$$ in repairs .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like a decent machine that wasn't used for mudding or beat like a circus animal which is a good thing.the utv market is crazy expensive these days due to low supply & high demand which has brought the used market up in pricing.you may be able to beat his price ,but most lower priced machines will more than likely be in poor condition needing many $$$ in repairs .
Thanks. That’s kinda what I’m thinking. I don’t mind paying a little more for something that’s been taken care of. And yes, everything I’ve seen so far that’s cheaper has been used and abused.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought one this past week without a plow or doors in much worse condition with 2500 miles on it for $9k. Given the market right now if you can sell the plow for $1k I think you have a good deal there.
Thanks for the reply. My thoughts exactly on the plow

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really liked my Commander and tried desperately to solve some of the issues I had with it. The cab heat is unbearable in the summer and it is really noisy. I ended up selling it. I hesitate to say this on here but I would look seriously at a Yamaha Wolverine. You may be able to get a new one for close to $14K - If you do look at them look at 2019 or newer. They made some changes in 2019 that I believe are important.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really liked my Commander and tried desperately to solve some of the issues I had with it. The cab heat is unbearable in the summer and it is really noisy. I ended up selling it. I hesitate to say this on here but I would look seriously at a Yamaha Wolverine. You may be able to get a new one for close to $14K - If you do look at them look at 2019 or newer. They made some changes in 2019 that I believe are important.
I have looked at the Wolverines as well. As far as the heat and noise, did you try the thermo-tec or insulating the console and cvt to help cut down on heat and noise? I’ve read it makes a big difference, but I obviously don’t have first hand experience having never owned one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have looked at the Wolverines as well. As far as the heat and noise, did you try the thermo-tec or insulating the console and cvt to help cut down on heat and noise? I’ve read it makes a big difference, but I obviously don’t have first hand experience having never owned one.
I added some custom heat shields where there was room under the console cover, a bilge fan, and the dealer installed a coolant fan override. These helped but not enough. I did not try the insulation cover. Of course the extra heat was welcomed in the winter!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts