Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
because of the holidays and powder coating the first order will take about 2 wekks befor they start shipping ..

·
Registered
531 Posts
I was looking at this design and it seems like if you straightened out the bar coming off the bracket and adjusted the length you could make it so it bolts to the top of the cage coming down behind the seats. This would keep the cargo box area free and doesn't seem like it would be to hard to do. I know some would not like the interferance in rear vision but I can't see [email protected]# through my mesh screen anyways. Would keep the center of gravity centered better too. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
733 Posts
There are a 1000 ways to skin a cat...

My thought was to use the stock mounting holes for the bed rail, but so far no one has done that. I know that there are other options out there, all with pros/cons, all about the same price. You can address your COG issue with this one by putting a cooler with ice and cold beverages on the other side of the bed!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes this is a great design I was more concerned with bed space. I already have a quadboss carrier that holds my equipment (dry and dust free) but takes up the bed from one side to the other. I also pack the rest full to get tents and coolers to the camp site.

It was just a suggestion, seemed easy enough with the equipment you may have already for the one you got. As it is my spare sits in the car and if I need it I will have to send someone for it. Tire patch kits are great though and fit in the glove box.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts