Can-Am Commander Forum banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I see in early posts on this thread that Troy had modified the park brake so it would fit with Wicked power steering.

A question for Troy what did these modification entail???

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
12,639 Posts
I had to cut the bracket and add some material so it would clear the power steering motor .
Once I started using my maverick steady I removed it from my commander and put the bracket back to stock spec and installed it on the mav . I added about one inch of steel near one of the mounting point to make the needed clearance .
Took all of 5 minutes to do

·
Vendor
2,476 Posts
UTV INC's Can Am parking brake will fit all models of the Commander & Maverick (including TURBO). Simple bolt on installation. Easy to use and buttery smooth! Simply engage the lever to ensure the vehicle stays put where you parked it.

Does not fit:
Wicked built power steering units.

$141.00

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine is a 2016 Commander Max with factory power steering. I had to modify mine for it to work. The hex push-rod was too long. I had to cut about an inch of it off for it to work. I tried and tried and tried. That was the only thing that would make it work correctly.

·
Vendor
2,476 Posts
Mine is a 2016 Commander Max with factory power steering. I had to modify mine for it to work. The hex push-rod was too long. I had to cut about an inch of it off for it to work. I tried and tried and tried. That was the only thing that would make it work correctly.
Sorry to hear you had a fitment issue. The hex rod on that kit should measure 6". The kit should work with the stock power steering unit with no modifications.

·
Vendor
2,476 Posts
UTV INC's Can Am parking brake will fit all models of the Commander & Maverick (including TURBO). Simple bolt on installation. Easy to use and buttery smooth! Simply engage the lever to ensure the vehicle stays put where you parked it. Click on the link below for more info.

LINK: https://www.utvinc.com/utv-inc-can-am-commander-maverick-parking-brake-kit/

Does not fit:
Wicked built power steering units.

·
Vendor
2,476 Posts
We have a few of these left in stock. Remember to use promo code THANKYOU at the cart screen for a forum discount.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts