Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts

UTV INC CAN-AM COMMANDER BRAKE - LEVER SYSTEM

$143.00
Quick Overview

www.UTVinc.com Now has a Can-Am Parking Brake Kit easy bolt on installation and your Commander will never be stuck on a hill with you having to yank the shifter out of park causing transmission damage. This Kit uses engagement angles and two heim joints for a smooth action and is udjustable for brake pad wear.

Kits will Start Shipping on Aug 25, 2011

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ordered, Thanks for jumping on this. I do have power steering. I will let you know if the bracket works.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ordered, Thanks for jumping on this. I do have power steering. I will let you know if the bracket works.
Couple problems I encountered with the kit. I have a 2012 and dont know if the Commander you used, was an early model.

1. The hole in the top of the bracket (that bolts to lower shock for the tilt) was off about 3/8". Needs to be lower than what you have.

2. The pin you supply for the brake pedal, is to short. I even squeezed the clip closer together and I can just see the start of the hole for the cotter pin. Needs to be about 3/16-1/4" longer.

This kit will not work with the Wicked Built Unisteer power steering kit. I have modified the bracket to make it work. If you want pic's and more details, I can supply if needed. This will work good enough for me to pass our state requirements.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the details yes our commander is a first run 2011 ... It would be great if you could send me some more details and pictures with the power steering [email protected]

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thanks for the details yes our commander is a first run 2011 ... It would be great if you could send me some more details and pictures with the power steering [email protected]
Sent you an email. Let me know if you got it. I dont see it in my sent folder.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Pictures and time .. i need to find a 2012 to install one on ... anybody ?

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you guys go to my album/gallery there is a pic in there. I had to modify it for my power steering.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Just a reminder, the braket in these pics has been modified by me to fit around the power steering. I have lost some clamping force because the shaft is now at an angle. This causes the bracket to flex a little. I have not spent anymore time on it because I passed my vehical inspection for street legal. UTV design is made for a Commander without power steering and you wont have the issues I had.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 172 Posts