Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New here.
I have a 2022 commander that is basically brand new…less than 100 miles.
anyways. I went to wire in my sound bar to the stud on the bud bar under the driver side dash. I messed up and started loosening the nut on the accessory stud and forgot I had it powered on. When my wrench hit the steering column it sparked and I lost power to the stud. I found the 40 amp fuse to the left of the steering wheel and it was blown. Replaced it with a new one and still no power. Checked the fuse and it’s fine.Is there another fuse it could be? I pulled and checked all fuses in both the fuse boxes and didn’t find any of them blown. TIA
Adam

· Registered
1,581 Posts
If you look at my screenshot in post #6 above, it describes the fuse link for the accessory post. A fuse link is just a wire of smaller diameter in series with the circuit that it protects. I'll post a link to fuse link information. If all fuses and links are good, you may have cooked the contacts in relay R9, located in fuse box #1.
Fusible Links: What Are They and Where Do They Go? (onallcylinders.com)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you look at my screenshot in post #6 above, it describes the fuse link for the accessory post. A fuse link is just a wire of smaller diameter in series with the circuit that it protects. I'll post a link to fuse link information. If all fuses and links are good, you may have cooked the contacts in relay R9, located in fuse box #1.
Fusible Links: What Are They and Where Do They Go? (onallcylinders.com)
Thank you. I couldnt find anything blown so I am going to try and replace the relay and hope that’s it.

· Administrator
27,739 Posts
If the relay the fuse and the fuse able link is good. You new to get a meter and test the wires for resistance. If everything is good it has to have burnt a wire through. But that should not happen from a arc flash. That's what the fuse is for .

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

· Administrator
27,739 Posts
I would start by checking voltage at the fuse your replaced. Test the socket fuse out . Then test the off side of fuse with it installed . Make sure power is going through the fuse to the relay.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the relay the fuse and the fuse able link is good. You new to get a meter and test the wires for resistance. If everything is good it has to have burnt a wire through. But that should not happen from a arc flash. That's what the fuse is for .

I agree. It was so fast and short lived there is no way I burnt a wire through.
I was hoping someone new exactly where to look so I could narrow it down.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts