Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a used 2017 commander xt 1000 with very low mileage on it. I test drove it and it ran great but when I first started it up I thought the switches for the 2x, 4x, sport, eco, etc. was lit up. I noticed later that they were no longer lit up and never came back on.

Also, when I put it in 4x I didn't notice anything that told me it was in 4x other than the switch in 4x mode. Is there something that should come up on the on the digital display that says 4x similar to sport and eco mode? I drove it in a circle to see if the front wheels would grab like the real wheels but they did not. Not sure if the 4x kicks in until the back start slipping?

Just wondering if there might be an electrical issue.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes there should be a little symbol on the display show 4 wheels tied together on the digital display, when activated. There is a mechanical servo motor that drives a sleeve on the front of the engine, that literally couples the front drive shaft to the drive train. Sometimes there is issues with that mechanical selector. The front diff is a visco lock type, so unless there is slippage..it doesnt lock up. My switches are always back lit when the engine is on. If the unit was dunked, maybe there is a electrical issue? Mine has never been dunked. The fuse panel is above your left foot when setting in the rig.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Turned out to be a blown 5a fuse. Switches lit up, 4 wheel indicator on the lcd display showed up and the wench started working when fuse was replaced.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I almost bought an 800Xt new from a dealer in michigan. When the clean up crew blasted the entire unit with a power washer to clean it...they got the fuse block wet. It had the same issues yours did. And they also found a blown fuse, now that I think of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts