Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I read somewhere before that you can get the top a arm bolt out through the plug in the floor board, just want to make sure this is correct. The direction the bolts there I’ll have to pull the radiator to get it out. If it will go through the floor board I’m goin to cut the head off and pull it out that way? Also anyone know the dimentions of that bolt?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had to rebuild my front suspension. Bolt only comes out the front side by removing radiator. The angle it sits won't let it go the other way.

·
Super Moderator
24,147 Posts
The bolt is 10 mm you don’t have to pull radiator to got bolt out you just take the two top bolts out lift it up and move it to opposite side you are working on. And if yours is a 11 or 12 model you can go through the firewall putting bolt back on . But 13 and up you have to drill a hole in the base of the dps mount at the frame cross tube to go through that way .

·
Super Moderator
24,147 Posts
there is a plug in firewall on both sides. Even if you can’t do the driver side you can still go through on passenger side. That’s actually what the holes are there for why they put them in backwards from the factory even on the 11/12 models no one knows.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I ended up just pulling the radiator, good excuse to clean it up real good and change coolant. Goin to install the rackzilla in the am, anyone know what the metal brackets are for they send with it? (Haven pulled the old of an really studied it yet) do They go on the back side of the frame to stiffen it or in between the frame and rack and pinion for spacers. Any tips on installing that would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
24,147 Posts
Don’t put them in between the rack and the mount . If you do it will shorten your turning radius.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So they are just to stiffen up the part of the frame that the rack and pinion mounts to? Have people had issues with that flexing or bending?

·
Super Moderator
24,147 Posts
The racks break then it twist the mount .

This is what you need to stiffen everything up. You will have to grind the ends to fit in between the frame but the holes should be dead on. Use 1/4” plate and it goes on the back side of the mount . Not on rack side . The brackets/ spacer they sent not only takes WSU the steering radius it also adds leverage to the rack . Being it’s two piece and it moves the rack farther from the mount .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts