Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around and couldn't find an answer so here we go....

Small town we live on the outskirts of just legalized UTV's on the road. I've found several kits but.....I'm a tight wad and deal with 12V lights all day long at work. Might I'm going to do this myself and make it look good. With that said, I'm homebrewing a turn signal kit for my 16' MAX.

Are there factory wires that are pre-ran for turn signals? I know there are several wires that are behind the dash that are not used. Any place I shouldn't pull power from? Just using a single LED on each corner so amperage will be very minimal. Hoping I could find some wires that were intended for turn signals that's already there. I know it was pretty handy for the winch install! I'm kind of dreading running wires all the way to the back of this 12ft beast and making them neat and pretty. Any helpful advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I searched around and couldn't find an answer so here we go....

Small town we live on the outskirts of just legalized UTV's on the road. I've found several kits but.....I'm a tight wad and deal with 12V lights all day long at work. Might I'm going to do this myself and make it look good. With that said, I'm homebrewing a turn signal kit for my 16' MAX.

Are there factory wires that are pre-ran for turn signals? I know there are several wires that are behind the dash that are not used. Any place I shouldn't pull power from? Just using a single LED on each corner so amperage will be very minimal. Hoping I could find some wires that were intended for turn signals that's already there. I know it was pretty handy for the winch install! I'm kind of dreading running wires all the way to the back of this 12ft beast and making them neat and pretty. Any helpful advice would be much appreciated.
Hale,

There are several factory 12V accessory connections. I would recommend using one down under the dash coming out of the fuse block (female connector that is ran from the accessory circuit) use a test light and turn the key off/on to ensure you have the correct fused connection if you plan to build your own.

My Commander is street legal. There are no factory wires for the turn signals. I purchased the BRP Turn Signal/Horn Kit which includes a complete new wiring harness (both front and rear) and this kit is just plug & play, for a very neat and clean install (kit shown below). Make sure you get the correct part number for your max model as you will need extended length harnesses if you should choose this option.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Verado.

I've got a DPS by the way.
Can anyone tell me what the intended purpose of these two plugs I found behind the center dash? Radio/GPS perhaps? aka: Accessories circuit?
Thanks in advance fellers!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts