Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is some talk of some custom tuning software coming out, user software to program your own ecm. I'm not affiliated in any way with this other than being very interested.

Google modified sidex and you will find it. I'm not gonna post any links so your on your own hopefully it turns into something great.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Nothing comes up.

·
Registered
750 Posts
There is some talk of some custom tuning software coming out, user software to program your own ecm. I'm not affiliated in any way with this other than being very interested.

Google modified sidex and you will find it. I'm not gonna post any links so your on your own hopefully it turns into something great.
Link it.....

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Is there anything interesting there or is this new site just fishing for new members? Can't read anything without signing up.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Weak

·
Registered
750 Posts
They have a flash tuner that has been successful on the mavericks that should also work on the Commander. You should be able to adust everything from the computer. Fan control ect...just like with an automotive tuner.

·
Registered
859 Posts
JBee, seems like you have some intel. What kind of things can be adjusted? And what kind of improvements are the mav guys getting? Cost?

·
Registered
750 Posts
JBee, seems like you have some intel. What kind of things can be adjusted? And what kind of improvements are the mav guys getting? Cost?
I wouldn't call it intel but, I just read what they have on the forum. Says that he has full capability to adjust everything that the ECU controls. Showed a dyno chart of a mav with exhaust intake and his tune gaining 10hp!

·
Registered
859 Posts
$500.00 seems a bit pricey!

·
Registered
750 Posts
$500.00 seems a bit pricey!
To me, it depends on what all they can do. Fan control? Sport Low control? Axle saver control? tune remaps when you change things? If you can do all of these things with the tune vs the add-ons, I can see it being a great option. IT all depends on what they can do!

·
Registered
135 Posts
full control of everything via a Monster Tune ecm will run you 1700 + the O2 sensors and dual wide band module.

try to add up individual pieces to do some of what MRRPM is doing and see where you are at?
sport mode low
K&t black box
fuel tuner

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Here is what the reflash does:

raise rev limit to 8500rpms
Low range limit 8500 RPM
No speed limit in low range
No torque limit on acceleration ( halfshaft saver removed)
Race start (Throttle opening while cranking allowed)
FAN activation at 167°F (75°C)
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised ( limp home at 248°F (120°C) only)
no vehicle speed limit

So yes, no need in sport low mod, you have full power all the time, with fast key.
I do have a 9500rpm tune for the billet clutches, stockers explode at high rpms.
I can make custom tunes, but they cost $50. more. All tuning like timing & fuel is left stock on these tunes, basically for people that have a basically stock machine, that want the limiters gone.

·
Registered
511 Posts
There is a company here in Belgium who claims to get 100 hp with just a reflash of the ecu...

It's called br performance.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is what the reflash does:

raise rev limit to 8500rpms
Low range limit 8500 RPM
No speed limit in low range
No torque limit on acceleration ( halfshaft saver removed)
Race start (Throttle opening while cranking allowed)
FAN activation at 167°F (75°C)
Engine and air temperature limp limit raised ( limp home at 248°F (120°C) only)
no vehicle speed limit

So yes, no need in sport low mod, you have full power all the time, with fast key.
I do have a 9500rpm tune for the billet clutches, stockers explode at high rpms.
I can make custom tunes, but they cost $50. more. All tuning like timing & fuel is left stock on these tunes, basically for people that have a basically stock machine, that want the limiters gone.
Is that only on the sport mode ??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts