Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
Ok refresh my memory you said toe in . But to do toe in you make the rods longer. Are you saying with the rods all the way in you are still at 1/2 if toe in?

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
That's just crazy. I have seen a few the were down to the wire to get a 1/4" of toe but 1/2" is little much .

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
Your inners haven't came loose from rack and screwing they're way out of the rack shaft .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I don't know, have never messed with whatever is inside the boots. I assumed there was a jam nut or something?
Or can I just turn the inner to tighten them? Clockwise?

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
No jam nut but they should have loctite and they Torque to all you can get on them . They just screw in tight .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Is that rigid, the skinny part where it joins the big part or is it sposed to turn? Mine turns but I don't know if that means the threads were turning?

Have done a lotta work on this thing but nothing to the rack.

·
Vendor
366 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Vendor
366 Posts
After we've discussed this so many time NOW you tell me?
Too late...
Lol! I don't think we ever discussed the toe issue. Just tried to get you a tie rod end that would work. Its a crap shoot with these. Much like a bunch of other Commander stuff. Sometimes you need it, and sometimes you don't. Just like axle spacers, diff spacers, etc. Sorry buddy. I'm still pretty sure that's not our tie rod, but the end worked...so that's good.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
252 Posts
I had the same set I installed on my commander a few months back. And had more than enough adjustment. You can be mad at the distributor due to installer error... check 1, 2 or 3 times before ya cut or alter parts. Thats just my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
This issue has been a problem in the past. Manufacturers want as much thread in the rod as possible. So they build the rod around the joints they supply. Then when someone switches brands of joint the dimensions change. Sometimes just enough to make it were the rods are to long.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Did you end up getting it set up the way you need it?
Ya I trimmed about 1/8" off both ends of the sleeve and I have plenty of adjustment now.
The alignment was pretty frustrating, got it to 1/4" toe in but it seems to pull a bit to the right.
Might play with it later but right now concentrating on getting ready for our first camping/fishing trip.

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
252 Posts
Those are most definitely superatv tierods..... I had the identical set, I pulled the jam nuts off for my stock arms, and when I went to the foward a arms I reinstalled the inner nuts, and had more than enough adjustment. Just glad you got it working in your favor, just be sure you have a good enough amount of threads still in the rod on both ends....

21 - 40 of 40 Posts