Can-Am Commander Forum banner

transmission maintenance?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  wyseguy_1626 
#1 ·
i have a 2012 commander 800. 9 mos of the year it leads a lazy life but in the winter i work it pretty hard plowing. i know the can am's flash the engine light time to time and goes away, but the other day i plowed for over 10 hours and i got a transmission message pop up. Never had that before but popped up a few times. It didn't pop up in the last couple of days of lighter plowing.

Besides fluid level, what sort of maintenance should i be doing? My tools can get me farther than my skill which could be dangerous but just don't want to slowly kill my baby and winter has only just begun.

#4 ·
Maybe you are lucky maybe not. If it has gone away I would al the least unplug it and grease the plug. But if it starts coming on again you will probably be working on it . When they go bad it doesn't take long before it goes out and puts you in limp mode. Buy if it's getting lost when you are in low. You can oder sport low mode from dz powersports that will fool the ecm into thinking its in high all the time.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.