Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the Canam cover to actually trailer with? Planning on it this coming weekend to keep the road slush and salt off it. Just looking for any tips. Seems to fit well other then front has no real straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
213 Posts
The Neverlands are good for covering at home, but they don't trailer well. My x3 cover made one haul 3hrs and was ripped...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I tried using my cover as a trailering cover because when I bought it, it was suppose to be a trailering cover. LOL lasted 200 miles and had to pull over and pull it off and chuck it in a garbage can at the rest stop. Don't know of any that are trailerable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried using my cover as a trailering cover because when I bought it, it was suppose to be a trailering cover. LOL lasted 200 miles and had to pull over and pull it off and chuck it in a garbage can at the rest stop. Don't know of any that are trailerable.
That’s disappointing. Was it just blowing around a lot? Not staying snug on the machine?

·
Premium Member
2018 commander 800
213 Posts
Mine had straps that you cinched it all down with, just the wind blowing against it, on sharp part I belive started mine

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine had straps also, two on each side and one front to back and I even added a couple more ratchet straps to tighten it up. It had the wind vents also, but going down the road it just flapped itself to pieces.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I hate the thought of my machine getting full of road salt. Also don’t think a $350 cover should be disposable. I’m gonna give it a shot I guess. If it gets destroyed back to Amazon it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just thought I’d give an update. Used my trailering cover this past weekend. Roughly 400 miles round trip. Seemed to hold up just fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts