Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any recommendations for a good trail/off road nav app??
Would be trying several out of play store but they require you draw out the course. I am looking for some that you put in your location and destination and it will find the best trails. Like what we have in the car.

·
Super Moderator
25,678 Posts
Sorry haven't found a app with that type of navigation. Even the apps with preloaded maps don't navigate you from point a to point b. They put a line on the screen that is attached to you and point be. Then you have to watch the intersections to make sure you aren't going farther away if you pass up a turn. Gaia is the app I use the most . Onx off road is the other. Onx has a lot of preloaded maps but they are mainly ohv parks and state and blm land that's for use with off road maps.

But if you run across a guided navigation app let me know. Lol I would not miss near as many turns.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Second for Gaia. I haven't bought the membership yet for this year but the free version also did what I needed it to do. It usually shows most of the trails/roads around. If not, I turn on the GPS track record feature and just go exploring. If I get lost I just follow my trail back. Hasn't let me down yet <knocks on wood).

·
Registered
18 Posts
OnX Offroad has been good for us.
We ride with a group, and we all have different programs. So far, OnX has been legit. You can use it offline to plan routes, or review what you have done. It will link to others when you are out. Hell, it does way more than I have been able to figure out.
29.99 a year, but try the free sample, and they end up taking 10 bucks off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gaia. It will sync your maps to all your devices, and the amount of map overlays available is pretty good. USFS, Nat Geo, Satellite, Hunting, and even Historical maps, as well as dozens of others. Just make sure your tablet has an internal GPS and Compass if you want to view yourself in live time. The new Samsung Galaxy A7 with a 10" screen is a good choice. Just purchased it from Costco for $180. Any cell phone should work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure your location but checkout VVMapping. I use them for Snowmobile and ORV in MI and they are great. Can do actual destination routing via the trails

Looks like he has mapping for the Great Lakes area and “Appalachia”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts