Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have about 4 1/2 feet on the level here in central IDAHO right now...going to head up another couple thousand feet today so who knows!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wish I could get some for the buggy, but the wife says I can only use one set at a time...:icon_ nono:

Where at in Central Idaho? McCall area?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes McCall....will be here full time when I retire!

First ride went really well other than the need for some surgery. Lower bar on the nerf bar met up with the track as the suspension compressed. It then met up with my angle grinder when I got home. Trimmed the lower fender flare too....gee now I have room for bigger tires when the tracks come off for summer too....:wink! As far as the ride.....amazing. It will not go anywhere fast(25 is about top speed) but it will go anywhere. Trail, powder, off trail....no problem!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks like a blast! Did you have to take a lot of plastic off the fenders?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Always wanted to try tracks here in Colorado but so far V-Bar Ice Chains do the trick most of the winter. We don't have 4' on the ground where I live, but there are some 2' drifts here and there that will swallow up up a Commander or Renegade which is what my wife and I ride. Did you notice much power loss with the tracks given the added weight and gearing reduction...?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn’t really get to go all out last weekend due to the nerf rub. Weight does not seem to be an issue....gearing....I am guessing “comfortable” top speed will be 25-30 MPH.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Taking it back out this weekend to really get a good test of the Camso's. Last weekend it seemed like it will go about anywhere with the tracks. Picked up my new trailer this week---never had an aluminum trailer before-- talk about easy to move!:grin

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Where do you ride out of McCall. Out toward Burgdorf and Warren? The snowmobile guys are saying there is a lot of snow out there right now. We ride it in the summer and really like that area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This weekends ride was a blast....about 50 miles. Nerf bar and fender surgery cured the issue with the tracks hitting. Packed trails, off trail, powder- all easy for the Commander. Comfortable top speed is about 30. Really fun traveling with my wife instead on two snowmobiles. Sleds and sled trailer are going up for sale this Fall....tracked Can Am is way more fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
What kind of doors do you have on your Commander ?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts