Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my floor pan and two fender flairs on my 1000xt. The torx head screws that hold these in place just spin and do not come out. There is no way to get on the back side to access the nut or speed nut. Can someone tell me the trick to remove these bolts ?

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Any chance of wedging a pry bar between for some pressure and using an impact? I’m sure you are not the first with this issue so hopefully someone will chime in with some thoughts. Good luck. Boog.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your suggestion but there is not space to get behind the bolts without damaging the panel that they go thru. I am hoping for some more feedback. Thanks again. 😀

·
Registered
129 Posts
post a pic. I added/installed the flares aftermarket and I'm not sure I know which ones you are talking about

·
Registered
129 Posts
If I had to guess you are talking about the front flare thats to the left of the drivers leg.
That one was a royal pita especially on passengers side. I think I have the direction or you can download them. It explains how to get behind them. Im pretty sure the glove box has to come out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the pass side that I am dealing with and yes it has been a pita from the start. My goal is to replace the pass side floor board because I had a bungee stick come up thru it. I still have to remove the small panel that says Rotax on it and the panel next to your left leg when in pass seat.
I would be grateful for those instructions you said I could download or any other help.
Remove the glovebox ? How do I do that ? I am totally frustrated. Thank you for you help, John

·
Registered
129 Posts
It is the pass side that I am dealing with and yes it has been a pita from the start. My goal is to replace the pass side floor board because I had a bungee stick come up thru it. I still have to remove the small panel that says Rotax on it and the panel next to your left leg when in pass seat.
I would be grateful for those instructions you said I could download or any other help.
Remove the glovebox ? How do I do that ? I am totally frustrated. Thank you for you help, John
I'm going to check my tool box for them and I'll PM you.
Where are you in NC?
I remember fighting with that side.

·
Registered
129 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts