Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on a good looking tire and good reviews. looking to put on 29x9x14. was looking at the maxxis carnivore or ceros.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
IMG_1887.jpg

Came across this today? They resemble the tread you were looking for but a bit deeper and little less $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Tires are a funny subject, you can get 50 replies and 50 different answers. Depends on driving conditions,places,driving style etc. I like my Kaneti Mongrel 10 plys to fit my needs. Sand,Bad Rocky Trails, Street, and wet. Get good mileage, good ride, quiet, DOT approved, Side to side rotatable and being 10 ply they are indestructable and seem to work on the heavier machines. running 9"on front and 11" on back and have no problems. Like I said just my preference and I know others will have theirs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have 28 x 10 x 14 kanati mongrels on stock rims . No performance different on my 1000xt. No lift needed. Great tires for my riding conditions. Not running in the mud regularly, just hard pack and rocky trails

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Any recommendations on a good looking tire and good reviews. looking to put on 29x9x14. was looking at the maxxis carnivore or ceros.
Bee running the maxxis Ceros in the Baj Desert with no issues of any kind, rocky trails, sane gravel soft dirt sorry not much mud.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a question about tires. I have a Commander XT 1000 will a 30” tire fit the stock rims? Do I need new rims or can I just mount them on my 14” rims? My concern is about the width of the stock rims??

·
Registered
45 Posts
What are the recommendations from the Moab folks? I live in GJ and while I will be running mountain trails in CO, most of the time will be in the desert and on slick rock. Right now have the the stock Big Horns on and have a newer set of BHs on bead locks that will get put on soon. But at some point would like to have the same size tires front and back. Can't register it for street legal in CO which really sucks since most of the time we're in UT anyway! I do have long travel suspension but haven't upgraded the shocks yet either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
What are the recommendations from the Moab folks? I live in GJ and while I will be running mountain trails in CO, most of the time will be in the desert and on slick rock. Right now have the the stock Big Horns on and have a newer set of BHs on bead locks that will get put on soon. But at some point would like to have the same size tires front and back. Can't register it for street legal in CO which really sucks since most of the time we're in UT anyway! I do have long travel suspension but haven't upgraded the shocks yet either.

I’ve had great luck with the stock big horns. Take offs are cheap and easy to come by. Welcome to the forum, from your neighbor on the other side of the hill.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts

I’ve had great luck with the stock big horns. Take offs are cheap and easy to come by. Welcome to the forum, from your neighbor on the other side of the hill.
Thank you sir and good to know! Hitting Gemini Bridges today

·
Registered
296 Posts
X2 on Bighorns. They work fine on the rocks for me. Don't go to Moab anymore. Plenty of rocks and desert where I live, without all the crowds. Good all around tire for my uses.

Reactions: Boogerhead

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Dirt commander cheap and race proven. But not a truck tires like the other two treads .

Who raced them?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
So what your saying is there no good

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have these on my Commander 1000. TERACHE Stryker Premium. Got them on Amazon. Great price and free shipping. DOT approved. So far they are working great..ride hardpack dirt with serious rocks...hills...shale..etx. Went with the 28s on stock 14" wheels. Do have a 2.5" lift. Bias ply so they can be aired down with no problems.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts