Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i purchased a half windshield from superatv and installed per the instruction. After 1 ride while cleaning the machine i removed the windshield and noticed a very large nasty scratch caused by the ‘rubber’ gasket. This scratch is permanent and embedded in the paint. So buyer beware and those of you who have this product...take it off and see if you have same mark. I left a negative review on superatv’s site and it was quickly taken down. I imagine many were taken down as there are only glowing reviews left. I will be giving this windshield to the recyclers as i fear if i reinstall that it will rub the paint completely off on my next ride. Do not buy unless you are prepared to ruin your machines paint

·
Super Moderator
25,310 Posts
Doesn’t matter what windshield you buy. If any part of the windshield Or the seal makes contact with the body it will scratch and or take the paint off in one ride . So good luck finding a windshield that doesn’t do what you are complaining about. It’s not just the commander it does this on every machine . Guessing maybe you should have left the seal off or raise it up enough that nothing touched the hood regardless of what the instructions said . Any two points that make contact and move cause friction.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I raised my windshield a hair an put strips of adhesive backed foam weatherstripping where I thought it would contact

·
Vendor
346 Posts
Sorry for the issue. Feel free to shoot me some pics of the setup. I've never seen any kind of gouging like you're referring to, and I'd love to take a look if you want to PM some pics, or call up tech support at 855-743-3427 if you want to speak to someone over the phone. An order number and some pics of the windshield would also be helpful. And I can promise you there are no reviews deleted. That's an external service that I personally oversee. There's no way to remove a review, but the system does recognize all the major curse words, and pulls any review that may include it. If you're not seeing it, it means you did a website review instead of a product review. They can be found here: Website Reviews.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I bought a full windshield from EMP and had it on two different machines now with zero issues

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I ran every configuration of windshields, as ace mentioned, they are all gonna leave mark, when 2 surfaces touch and move for hrs on in, and then add some grit in the mix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts