Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tie rods. I know there is a ton of discussion. So has anyone have any information on Tusk or All Balls tie rods?

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
They are tusk and all balls. Same rods different box. You get what you pay for. Lots have used them and most replaced in a third of the time it took them to go through the factory rods. Save ypurseft some time buy some quality rods with replaceable joints. The outers aren't the big issue it's the inners. Ball and socket joints just can't take the beating of the heim joints. You can get good replacement heim joints for 25$ each at any speed or race shop.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Factory rods lasted 6 years. Bent one and all I could get on short notice was all balls. About 6 months the inner joint wore out. Their customer service was great and then sent me a replacement, but it got bent shortly after. Again all I could get on short notice was another all balls, a few months later it got bent and found the joint loose again. So my experience is they don't hold up very well. Better ones are expensive but it seems you very much get what you pay for here.

Reactions: acefire

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at the Turnkey. What I couldn't figure out is if they are sold individually or by the set. What's your feelings on UTVinc? I think that was the name

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
Turnkey tend to run a little to long. They are sold by the set. Utv Inc are good rods. With easily found replaceable joints when needed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help Ace. One last dumb question or thought. I am running the 2.5" SUATV lift kit. My that longer rod help with the geometry?

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
No you still have the same amount if travel and you didn't switch to longer arms.. So stock rod length is still the rod length needed.

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
Only drilling would be if you got the 10 mm 11/12 front knuckles. Knuckles would need drilled to 12mm.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Will the utv inc rods fit my rackzilla on my 11? I've already drilled the knuckles for the rackzilla rods.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I looked back to my thread where I installed it. I drilled the spindles to 1/2" and installed 1/2" hardened bolts for the reasons in the first few posts of the thread:

·
Super Moderator
26,281 Posts
Yeah rackzilla uses a junk double ended stud. Bottom knuckle side is 12mm upper is 1/2". You should be able to use the spacers from Rackzilla outers in utvinc outers. Then you will be able to use your 1/2" bolts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts