Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from a ride tonight. 1 mile from home then all of a sudden my Commander makes the sound like I'm going from park to high gear and quits. Starts back up but all i have is park. Give me the bad news.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Coming home from a ride tonight. 1 mile from home then all of a sudden my Commander makes the sound like I'm going from park to high gear and quits. Starts back up but all i have is park. Give me the bad news.

I would take the belt cover off and see what needs replaced.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the belt. On another note. Since i no longer need this compressor can I remove it? I have seen conflicting reports

·
Super Moderator
23,490 Posts
If you remove it dealer will need to reprogram ecm so it knows it’s no longer there .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I'm just getting around to fixing it and a lot of the belt was wrapped around the secondary. Took it all apart and got all the garbage out of it. Need 1 way bearing so I bought one from UATV. Got it yesterday and when I go to split secondary I can't get it to seperate at all. Once the bolt hits to spread it just stops.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,490 Posts
Yeah that’s just belt chatter from it turning. You don’t hear that when your are in gear and under acceleration do to all the other noise engine gearbox diffs. Now if you were to hear it while moving then something is causing it. But that’s pretty much no load belt whine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts