Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know you've had some experience with the tippy trail models. Have you hand any experience with the wider sport version?

This new commander says it's 64"

·
Super Moderator
25,838 Posts
No only one I have been around is the 50 and only seen one 60. Haven't seen any 64 in woods or dealers. But I did survive the Snowball ride in Scott's old racing rhino . And only once did it almost tip and that was going down hill and right side slid off into a rut. Couldn't hit brake just had to ride it out. But the 50" mav was flopping over just from falling in the ruts on flat ground .

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had read that about the 50" in several places.

Have you ridden with any rmax's yet?

Just from looking, it seems that the rmax would be the best sport/ute out of all the makes including this new commander?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The first thing I thought was a Mav Trail with the dump bed.
The promotional videos could be better and more about the machine itself.
I watched a few videos and none of them show the bed in the dump position.

The XT-P is badass with 15" of ground clearance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was wrong with the ground clearance.
It was suspension travel. I do not know the ground clearance. I can't seem to find that info.

The XT has 15" of suspension travel while the XT-P has 14".
Commander XT Starting at $18,999
Commander XT-P Starting at $22,199

·
Registered
126 Posts
Some new videos now including the dump bed. Definitely think the 2021 model has some nice features especially turf mode for those like myself who use their commanders around the yard. Not sure how I feel about the new look, maybe it just needs to grow on me though I actually think I prefer the look of old over the new design. I’ll be sticking with my 13 Commander for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Why do you think the XT has more travel than the XT-P? That seems weird to me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just watched a YouTube video on it and the dealership even said it had the same a-arms on xt and xtp. The dps arms were different. So your guess is as good as mine on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
I just watched a YouTube video on it and the dealership even said it had the same a-arms on xt and xtp. The dps arms were different. So your guess is as good as mine on that one.

From what I’m seeing the basic difference between the two is the shocks but the better shocks give you less travel???

·
Registered
891 Posts
I see it has the 976cc Rotax V-Twin which would probably mean mid engine. I also noticed my least favorite of the features ITC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thoughts on heat and noise, will the engine to back help out thats all i care about. All this fancy bed extension stuff and extras dont mean squat but i am really tired of the noise and heat. I have a 16 commander

1 - 20 of 31 Posts