Can-Am Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after weeks of waiting, I almost got everything that I have ordered for the commander.

First off, I just wanted to share a couple of pictures with you guys...

2 Piece Fully Tilting 1/4" MR10 Lexan Windshield -- eBay

HID Low Profile 35W 6000k Kit (Low & High Beam) -- $76 on eBay
-- (also 2 HID extension cables so I could keep them safe & dry under the hood.)

Comparison Photo of HID vs Stock

Now here besides that stuff that I already have installed, here is a couple of pics of the FUN that is about to happen with my commander....

Can-Am 2 Piece Roof -- Motosports SuperStore

Lights, Wiring, Relays, Switches, Light Rack, etc. -- Various Places

Contura Switches -- OTRATTW

Relays, Relay Harness, Fuse Block, Reverse Micro Switch -- Various Places

If anyone has any questions or wants to know where I got anything.... just let me know...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Pictured:

• 2 Piece Full Titling Lexan Windshield - Direction 2 Inc. (eBay)
  • Can-Am Lightbar -- Motorsports Superstore
  • Kragen 4" HID Lights (x6) -- Escondido Powersports (2 for reverse lights)
  • 4 Printed Factory Switches -- OTRATTW
  • Relays & Harness -- WayTek Wire
  • Light Roll Cage Clamps -- Axia Alloy
  • Blue Sea 6-way Fuse Block -- Amazon
  • Edelbrock NOS Micro Switch & Braket --- Amazon (to trigger reverse lights)
  • HID Lights -- DMKS International (eBay)
  • HID Extension Cables -- Xenon HID (eBay)
  • Seat Belt Switch -- WayTek Wire (Wiring my own Toggle Switch so the kids still have to wear their seatbelt)
  • VisionX Dome Light -- eBay
  • Wires & Terminals -- WayTek Wire

Not Pictured:

• VisionX 12" Xmitter Low Profile LED Light Bar -- Escondido Powersports
  • Rear View Mirror -- ATV OUTFITTERS.NET
  • $60 worth of Posi Lock Connectors (google them if you have never heard on them)
  • Oil & Oil Filter for 10hr service -- Motorsports SuperStore

·
Registered
319 Posts
will four of those lights fit on the light rack just curious,
also i have the four halogen lights from brp that i have mounted up on the light rack already but i was wondering if its easy to upgrade to hids are the plugs usually all the same so i can just plug out the halogen lights and just plug in the new hids or is there more to it,
This is all new to me so any comments would be appriciated
Also i noticed brp wants $899 for two of there hid lights that seems alot overpriced are the Xenon hids just as good i noticed there alot cheaper?:unsure:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow!!! What an awesome load of goodies to install. I would have a ball setting up and installing all of that stuff. If I were not leaving for vacation tomorrow I would offer to load up my toolbox and come help with the install. :)

Where did you get the printed switches? Those are great!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
will four of those lights fit on the light rack just curious,
also i have the four halogen lights from brp that i have mounted up on the light rack already but i was wondering if its easy to upgrade to hids are the plugs usually all the same so i can just plug out the halogen lights and just plug in the new hids or is there more to it,
This is all new to me so any comments would be appriciated
Also i noticed brp wants $899 for two of there hid lights that seems alot overpriced are the Xenon hids just as good i noticed there alot cheaper?:unsure:
4 of those Kragen HID lights will NOT fit on the stock light rack... Hell 3 of them barely fit, and then they do not fit like they are suppose to..

Kragen 4" HID Light not fitting from the front

3 Kragen 4" HID Lights fitting from the back of the rack

BUT my light bar is at my local metal shop, possibly getting some slight modifications to allow them to fit better... But either way, only 3 are going on the light rack

The way they make the HID kits I do not think it would work for independent sealed lights... You need to have acess to the stock plugs for the light, and you do not with that kind of setup...

Just to be clear 2 of the Slim Profile 35W 6000k HID lights are less than $80 shipped... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170548091523&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took apart the roll cage today and started running wire... I found an awesome place to mount the fuse block and the relays {especially since there is 4 of them}... Pics coming after I get a little further running the wire...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
3/25/11 Update

Update: Almost done with all the wiring... still trying to figure out the best way to mount my VisionX Xmitter Low Profile Light and still waiting on the Light Rack to get back from the powder-coater...

Commander without the front half of the roll bar

Running Wire throught the Roll Cage (a real pain BTW)

Where the Wire from the cage goes to the Body:

Where the Wire from the Cage runs to the Roof:

Side Panel Removed for mounting the Reverse Micro Switch:

Reverse Micro Switch Close Up Pic:

Reverse Switch Micro Switch Close Up Pic #2:

Reverse Lights (using Axia Alloy mounts):

Wire Ran for Reverse Lights:

Hidden Seat Belt By-Pass Switch

Hidden Seat Belt By-Pass Switch #2:

Fuse Block and Relay Location (everything is mounted using Zipties!!):

Fuse Block and Relay Location
(everything is mounted using Zipties!!) #2:

Vision X Dome Light Pod:

No Visible Wires or Connections Under Dash:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice post and setup, very clean. Please let mr know how you like those kragen lights. I was thinking about getting some

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.