Can-Am Commander Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Vendor
496 Posts
Just got this photo in this morning. I like the look of our yellow blade on the Commander.

Commander photo #1.JPG

Have a good day.

Peter
Moto

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just grabbed the CanAm plow. Installed price of about $1,100 with taxes and everything.

Thing is SO BEEFY. I def. recommend heavy duty front shocks. When that puppy hooks up and the Winch picks it up the front end drops close to 5" or more... no joke!

I'll likely make it thru this Winter then have some HD's for future Winters.

Has manual adjustments... don't really like the height adjusters. Likely will make some better "skis" for it.

DH

Yeah, the Can Am plow is heavy. I just pre-load the front springs about another 1/2"
or so to raise front end and it seems to work fine...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I received my Motoalliance Pro Series 72" plow kit on the the 10th Dec. It shipped from MN on the 6th Dec. That is a record delivery time for me for anything I have ever ordered from the US, and I order a lot of car parts from the US. I live in the far eastern regions of Canada (Newfoundland) and usually have to wait two weeks for Porsche / BMW parts or anything else for that matter. Unfortunately I had some minor shipping damage, certainly not the fault of Motoalliance, but one phone call and a few quick photos these guys took care of me immediately. I am truly impressed with their customer service from day one. Their communication and obvious focus on customer satisfaction is better than any I have experienced in a very long time. Keep up the great work........it is truly appreciated. Peter and his crew obviously have their customers best interest at heart and are focussed on delivering a quality product.

Now to the plow itself, this thing is truly impressive in quality, it is engineered and constructed to a very high standard, it is very "beefy" piece of equipment. I had a Moose kit on my Outlander for the last few years and it was a very good system but the build quality of this kit far exceeds that of the Moose. I have not assembled yet, but will be installed in the next few days and I will report back with some pics as well.

If you are considering a new Plow Kit I strongly suggest that you consider Motoalliance ,their Pro Series Kits are the best I have seen including the BRP at considerably less dollars. In my case here in Canada the basic Kit from BRP was $500 more and that did not include rubber flap or plow markers, they want another couple hundred for that shit! And most importantly the customer service................I spent $20K at my dealer and didn't get so much as a follow up phone call to see if the damn thing was working properly.......had to return it twice for proper front end alignment and cargo box alignment.......so much for my PDI fee......anyway another rant for another time.

Keep up the great work Peter you have a customer for life and I'm sure my hydraulic kit won't be too far in the future.

Kevin D.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You will LOVE the EHA (electro/hydraulic/actuator) for moving the blade side to side. It was the best thing I got for the commander next to the power steering. We have been getting snow every day, and I have been plowing every day, and not having to get out and change the blade angle all the time is great. I have several drive ways to plow, evry time it snows. The $800 price is worth it, better than the $1200 that BRP wants, for there's.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I really need to get me one of those but it's hard to justify to the wife when there isn't any snow and has been any for the past couple years. As bad as I'd like the angle kit I would rather not have the snow! lol

·
Vendor
496 Posts
Hey Guys,
Just read this....thanks so much for the feedback. I will pass it along to our engineer....he will be thrilled!

Would indeed love to see any pictures or video of your rig when you get a chance, Kevin. And bring on the snow! We just got dumped on in MN and it looks great outside!

Have a good weekend.

Peter
President
Motoalliance

·
Registered
12 Posts
First Snow

Had our first real snow of the season last night, so the Motoalliance Pro Series 72" got a good workout this morning. Performed like a champ. I was impressed with the amount of snow I could carry with this and the power in the Commander had no problem pushing it around......very solid set up!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
The best snow plow is a Commander. the RzR-S could not stay in front without overheating, I ran 30+ miles on low opening the trails wit snow up to the bumper in some areas for my buddies... it was a long day. I may need a new belt now also.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i would like too know about the wear that it puts on the winch cable steel or synthetic like how long does the cable last before it snaps with using a snow plow and has anyone had any problems with frame damage when they happen to hit a rock or curb with the plow

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would like too know about the wear that it puts on the winch cable steel or synthetic like how long does the cable last before it snaps with using a snow plow and has anyone had any problems with frame damage when they happen to hit a rock or curb with the plow
Why would the cable snap lifting a plow when the cable is made to pull the commander?

I have plowed with my outlander for 7 years and never broke a cable.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i had a arctic cat atv before i got my commander and the cable seamed to snap once a year some time twice just didn't know if the winch setup was at a better angel on the commander or if i would wind up with same problem as on my arctic cat

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Hmmm... I had a quad for 5 years. That winch got a workout pulling my buddies and my dumbass out of the mud. I also used it a lot for plowing too and never broke the cable. I was told early on to keep my eye on how far I pulled my cable in. Guess that helped.

·
Registered
124 Posts
who knows maybe it was just a faulty cable that came with my winch i don't care anymore cuz i got my new commander and baby this thing way more than i ever babied my arctic cat

·
Registered
12 Posts
Install is very easy, couple hours work. Directions are great and easy to follow. Socket set and wrenches and you are good to go. The mounting plate will require that you drill through the plastic bumper up front to get to the mounting holes. But a very simple set up if you have any mechanical ability.

I have a 2012 LTD Commander, how difficult is the install of the MotoAlliance plow?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Two Ronnie's did you have any problem with the drilling of the center hole mounts? The front and back wholes we're close enough, but the middle two hole mounts appear to come up right where a cross member weld is, does not seem like that will be good, nor will I get the bolt on??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Two Ronnie's did you have any problem with the drilling of the center hole mounts? The front and back wholes we're close enough, but the middle two hole mounts appear to come up right where a cross member weld is, does not seem like that will be good, nor will I get the bolt on??
I agree with you. The rear two were alligned perfectly the front two were a little off but i got them in.......and i was not comfortable at all drilling the frame for the centre two bolts, they did not appear to be alligned so well, so i have been using it with just the four bolts.......no problems so far.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts