Can-Am Commander Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Does anyone have the Can Am plow? I was wondering if it's possible to get a motor to move it right to left? I know other companies have them, so maybe it could fit the Can Am plow.
I am thinking the same thing. I have purchased a Can Am plow too, and I am wondering if there is a remote turning system, that any one knows about that will work on the Can Am plow
This company sells one not sure if it will work with the can am plow or not. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=eagle plow&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http://www.eagleplows.com/&ei=uBSiTurBEIKCsAL0t8WfBQ&usg=AFQjCNFM225ykxq2esFoyMGYlAF7Us7Mig&sig2=fKKnbl2Gq9A9vBQervpkqg

here is the link to the page check out page 15. http://www.eagleplows.com/images/2010_catalog_final_proof.pdf

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I went to my dealer's open house today. They had a Commander plow set-up there. I noticed the "tabs" on it that someone mentioned. Seems like that would be for a hydrolic type system like on a truck. Might be a little pricier than an electric motor but I bet it would be a nice thing to have.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I went to my dealer's open house today. They had a Commander plow set-up there. I noticed the "tabs" on it that someone mentioned. Seems like that would be for a hydrolic type system like on a truck. Might be a little pricier than an electric motor but I bet it would be a nice thing to have.
Yeah, I was the one who mentioned that. I am wondering when they are going to make one for the plow.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Just ordered the Eagle 72" plow. Bring on the snow!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I don't have or need a snow plow, but EMP does make some really nice stuff. Their customer support is also top notch, which goes a long way in my book.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Cycle Country and I think Fuse Powersports has them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just used my new Can Am plow for the first time and it works great! Kind of heavy so you need to pre-load front shocks and air up front tires. I would recommend it. It is pretty bullet proof..

·
Vendor
496 Posts
Does anyone make a mount that will fit the oem front 2" receiver hitch?

We just introduced our 2" receiver plow mount. Here are some photos of the mount, our plow system on various machines, and some of the main features.

receiver plow mount IV.JPG

72 Red Plow Photo.JPG

Stabilizer bar.JPG

Support bracket.JPG

72 Rzr Black plow.JPG

We built them for extreme durability and impact resistance. They range from $649.99-$799.99 (including shipping) depending upon your mount choice and size plow. Our waterproof hydraulic systems with 4000lbs of pushing power is coming out in 2 weeks and will go for $799.99.

You all get 5% off any purchase from us. Thanks!

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
Moto Alliance
1-866-527-7637

·
Registered
12 Posts

We just introduced our 2" receiver plow mount. Here are some photos of the mount, our plow system on various machines, and some of the main features.

View attachment 7080

View attachment 7081

View attachment 7082

View attachment 7083

View attachment 7084

We built them for extreme durability and impact resistance. They range from $649.99-$799.99 (including shipping) depending upon your mount choice and size plow. Our waterproof hydraulic systems with 4000lbs of pushing power is coming out in 2 weeks and will go for $799.99.

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
Moto Alliance
1-866-527-7637
Great looking set up, but the shipping to Canada kills the deal for me at $350

·
Vendor
496 Posts
That does include all brokerage charges, fees, etc. You pay nothing more at the door.

That said, I hate the fact it costs so stinkin' much. You want to shoot me a PM with your exact address? I can see what I can do to get the cost down when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

Peter
Moto

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just grabbed the CanAm plow. Installed price of about $1,100 with taxes and everything.

Thing is SO BEEFY. I def. recommend heavy duty front shocks. When that puppy hooks up and the Winch picks it up the front end drops close to 5" or more... no joke!

I'll likely make it thru this Winter then have some HD's for future Winters.

Has manual adjustments... don't really like the height adjusters. Likely will make some better "skis" for it.

DH

·
Registered
36 Posts

View attachment 7080

View attachment 7081

View attachment 7082

View attachment 7083

View attachment 7084

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
Moto Alliance
1-866-527-7637
Great looking set up, but the shipping to Canada kills the deal for me at $350
What would the cost be to ground ship to L7E 3K2, Bolton, Ontario. Not in a hurry to receive if the shipping is a little more reasonable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Eagle 66" with there hydraulic power turn and you will not find a better plow or price anywhere. The motoalliance plow looks to be good also but much more money.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Does anyone have the Can Am plow? I was wondering if it's possible to get a motor to move it right to left? I know other companies have them, so maybe it could fit the Can Am plow.
I am thinking the same thing. I have purchased a Can Am plow too, and I am wondering if there is a remote turning system, that any one knows about that will work on the Can Am plow
I built my owen setup with an PARKER EHA, and it works great. With all the parts it will run right about $800 and a coulpe of days work, most of the time is in wiring the Commander, the actuator was easy.
The actuator is about $600 by it self. If you could buy 10, or 25 the price comes down. At 25 they are about $450 a piece.

·
Vendor
496 Posts
I have the Eagle 66" with there hydraulic power turn and you will not find a better plow or price anywhere. The motoalliance plow looks to be good also but much more money.

Our plows are about $120 more than Eagle and hydraulic turns are the same price with some parts having a lifetime warranty. I will post more hydraulic turn information later today. Then there is a 5% forum discount you all get too so prices get pretty close.

That said, our goal was not to be the least expensive system. We targeted the upper-end WARN, Can-Am and BOSS systems with our plow. That's why the impact resistance is higher than Eagle (we rate ours for at least 10 mph impact while Eagle, WARN, etc. is 5 mph), the warranty is longer (Eagle is 1 year, ours is 3), the blade pushes 35% more snow per pass, etc.

That is in no way to bash Eagle......just to highlight differences in systems and why there is more cost in our system. They sell a ton of plows and they are right down the road from us. But I'd prefer to say we are 20-30% less than the upper-end competition than more expensive than Eagle or Moose. :)

But that's what's great about North America.....tons of choices dependent upon user.

As far as shipping.....I've checked again and it just is that much to ship to Canada (though all taxes, fees, are all included so you pay nothing more at the door.) I am checking into a Canada distribution center today that can house our plows and ship throughout Canada just to see if we can get the costs down. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks guys. Good luck with whatever plow system you have....snow is coming!!

Peter
Motoalliance

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well fired up the Commander this morning -15c no problem after sitting 3 weeks in cold storage, set out to plow the driveway.I have the 66"plow width and added 1.5" Wheel spacers and noticed at full tilt on blade the wheels are in the snow, so I'm thinking extensions on the blade is going to be needed. If you are running wheel spacers I would suggest buying the 72" blade or pull the spacers for winter. I find the narrower blade is handy in tight places tho:unsure:

41 - 60 of 78 Posts