Can-Am Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I don't think pushing dirt will work. The spring loaded blade will fold over as it's designed to do if you hit something like a curb while plowing snow.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Mud Yapster,
I suppose you could push dirt with the plow as well, haven't actually tried this. Very easy on off, with two ring pins that you just pull out to drop the push tubes and the plow.
HTML:
Do you lose any ground clearance from the mounting plate or hook up point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
800rev,
The mounting plate is mounted to the fram with U-Bolts (4)and is quarter inch steel, with two rounded mounts for attaching the push tubes to the mount. The total drop from the bottom of the skid plate is less than one inch. So virtually no loss of ground clearance, and you now have a steel skid plate as well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just ordered a Warn Provantage front mount plow set-up for commander from Cli-max Riding Gear $900.00 including shipping to Colorado and there is a $50.00 rebate from Warn once I receive it. I've run a Warn provantage on my 800 Outlander the last two years and it's been a really good plow.Super easy plow to hook-up and unhook. The front mount on the Outlander stays on year round and I've had no issue with catching on anything. Hope the front mount for the Commander is similar. I'll try to get picture out one I receive it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the info WHR, I was more concerned that it would not clear a wide enough path that the wheels would track in at full tilt.

·
Registered
547 Posts
anyone see a Warn plow to see how strong mounting system is?

·
Registered
301 Posts
anyone see a Warn plow to see how strong mounting system is?
I have seen one that a guy was selling used on craigslist. It came off his ranger and just for the blade with no mounting brackets he was selling for $850. The plow was well built but just like everything they sell your paying a large chunk for that red W. I do run their winches because I believe they are the best in the business. They do cost much more than the closest competitor but when it comes to something that can get me back home I'll spend the extra for peace of mind. Warn winches= yes. Warn anything else is just throwing money away. IMHO

·
Registered
545 Posts
Installed my Warn Provantage front mount plow today. Hardly notice the fromt mount , definitly won't be a problem in off season riding. I have a 60" Provantage on my Outlander 800 and this is similar mount and looks to beefed up where needed. The pushbar is very heavy duty . 180 lbs. total weight of mount and plow. 4 hour install time.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I got tired of searching for a plow so I just order the BOSS Power V-XT. I got a very good deal at almost wholesale cost. The only bad thing is I have to modify the mounting plate a little because they dont have one for the Commander yet. Boss said they wouldnt have one until next summer. I need something now, not next year. I cant belive it's been 2 years and they dont have a mounting plate yet. Should be here on Friday. I'll have to post pics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the complete Warn plow system and am attempting to install it today. I am having major problems getting the front plow mount to bolt up. Seems as the mount will not bolt up. Any ideas? Could you email me some pictures of the mount on your Commander?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Does anyone have the Can Am plow? I was wondering if it's possible to get a motor to move it right to left? I know other companies have them, so maybe it could fit the Can Am plow.
I am thinking the same thing. I have purchased a Can Am plow too, and I am wondering if there is a remote turning system, that any one knows about that will work on the Can Am plow

·
Registered
859 Posts
it looks like the can am plow has mounting tabs for turning the plow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone have the Can Am plow? I was wondering if it's possible to get a motor to move it right to left? I know other companies have them, so maybe it could fit the Can Am plow.
I am thinking the same thing. I have purchased a Can Am plow too, and I am wondering if there is a remote turning system, that any one knows about that will work on the Can Am plow
If you find one let us know.....i am looking for one too.:funnycanam:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you find one let us know.....i am looking for one too.:funnycanam:
I have not got my plow yet, waiting for the mounting bracket. But when I get it I willse if there is any way to install a turning mechanism, if I can't find one I will brobably make my own.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I picked up my plow today, went with the BRP one, I also ordered the 6" extensions and side plates, waiting on those, I'll post pics when I get everything together

21 - 40 of 78 Posts