Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one purchased and used a plow for the commander yet?

What seems to be the best?

Any one with the electric motor to turn the blade?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't bought one yet, but I had an eagle plow on my Honda Rubicon and Rincon. I really liked them, built strong and work great. And you can get the electric power angle kit too. American Manufacturing - Home. There's another one that I'm looking at, its got hydraulic angle but I don't know where to find the link now. As soon as I find it I'll post the link.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Here's the link. It's a Fuse plow, that is a power angle V plow. The price doesn't seem bad by comparison with other commander plows.Boss UTV Snowplows and Accessories I hope this helps.
I called Boss a couple weeks ago and they dont have one yet for the Commander. Sounded like they wont have one this year, the way the guy talked.

Meyer has one that angles on it's own, by the amount of pressure on each side of the blade. I think the Meyer also has a set up that when you put it in reverse, the blade lifts automatic. When in drive, it lowers automatic. This might only be for trucks. They have a set up for the 2" reciever up front. They also have a 6'-8" blade, which is good if you have wheel spacers.

Cycle Country says they dont have one for the Commander but they have a setup if you have a 2" receiver for the multimount winch. I like there poly blades. I have one on my zero turn and I pound the crap out of it.

I'm hoping the closer to winter we get, some of these manufactures will step up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the Eagle Plow on my Rhino and it bent on me, but they replaced it for me. I have priced one out for my Commander, it is still cheaper then the BRP blade.

·
Registered
181 Posts
P/S What width of blade should we use on the commander, when its angled?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have ordered a Moose Plow, push tubes, and Front mount from the dealer from whom I purchased my Commander. The Plow is a 6 foot blade manual position control and was $391 less than the Can-Am plow setup for the Commander. I pick it up tomorrow, and can't wait until the first snow fall as I have a 400' driveway in Duluth Minnesota that I previously cleared with a Ariens 24 inch wide blower.

·
Registered
181 Posts
WHR are you looking at a cab kit as well? Had one on the Rhino it was nice to have one.Had a little 12 volt heater to defrost the windshield as well. Im not hoping for the snow yet, winter is long enough around here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got an EMP (Extreme Metal Products) plow on my Commander. It's a 72" and has their Power Angle Package as well.

Also have a salt spreader that mounts up in the bed. Turns on/off with the flip of a switch up in the cab.

Unfortunately I didn't take delivery until March, so I have yet to use the plow or salt spreader, but I'm definitely looking forward to it this winter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
That is a slick setup you have there. All you need now is a beacon for the roof and a D.O.T. sticker

I've got an EMP (Extreme Metal Products) plow on my Commander. It's a 72" and has their Power Angle Package as well.

Also have a salt spreader that mounts up in the bed. Turns on/off with the flip of a switch up in the cab.

Unfortunately I didn't take delivery until March, so I have yet to use the plow or salt spreader, but I'm definitely looking forward to it this winter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Murray5p,
No I have the mammoth Skin top and EMP full windshield. Even with the temps here getting down to -25 it is still too warm for me to have the full enclosure with the heat from the center console.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like that Eagle Plow pkg with electric turn motor is the best buy out there. I'm going with the Mammoth soft door kit as I have a top, front and back lexon.

Suppose you need power steering with the plow??

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Does anyone have the Can Am plow? I was wondering if it's possible to get a motor to move it right to left? I know other companies have them, so maybe it could fit the Can Am plow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have installed the Moose Plow and will be using it this winter. It was a reasonable cost of $693.00 including the plow guides, push tubes, and mounting plate. It was a bastard to install as the u-bolts require drilling of the skid plate and must be perfect or plate won't match bolt pattern. I have attached a couple of pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
WHR Commander Is that a 72" blade on there, and if so could a person get away with the 66" when angled? I have the 66" on order and I may be able to cancel and order the 72"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Murray5p,
Yes that is a 72" plow,and I believe a 66" will work. When I angle the plow to the highest angle whether it be to the right or left it is very close to the front tires. So yes a 66" would work and avoid this issue with being very close to the front tires. I will plow with the blade one notch less than full angle to prevent tire contact.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
WHRCommander that plow looks awsome!!! Can you plow dirt with it too or just snow.
Here in Texas we don't get snow that last more than 10am the next day, but that plow looks cool. After getting it installed is it hard to take on and off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mud Yapster,
I suppose you could push dirt with the plow as well, haven't actually tried this. Very easy on off, with two ring pins that you just pull out to drop the push tubes and the plow.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts