Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I don't recall ever running Texas Creek trails so don't have a comment... If you are in the COS area, there's some pretty decent trails in Teller and Park Counties, and further West off 67.. You probably already know about the Manchester Creek/Phantom Creek/Rule Ridge/717 and Rainbow Falls trail systems... Very extensive trail systems, with lots of differing terrains... Run them in the Spring snow for some additional challenge... If you have a buddy or 2 to ride with, try the 39 Mile Mountain/Black Mountain Trails on the South side of 11 Mile Res... They get very little use comparatively speaking, are very difficult after the Winter Snows hit and bury them, and stay difficult until into late May/June... I have ridden it alone a few times in Summer when the chances of getting stuck or b lowing a belt are minimal... Trail/Road #'s are pretty well marked so you can find your way if you have a map or GPS... We run them several times a year and we often cover 90+ miles over the course of a long day of trail riding, and still don't hit all the trails there...
You can also find a large trail system off 67 West between Round Mountain camp ground and Tarryall... Park at Round Mountain, run the trails North until you can c ross Rte. 31, then head West up and over the Mountain Pass towards Burns Park ... There's a fun loop of trails back in Burns Park with hill climbs, mud, creek crossings, etc... Getting back there can be difficult until the Winter snows have been broken through though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any one rode at texas creek, and how was it?
I used to live I canon city so I rode their often. Its a nice day ride in the winter or spring or fall. It gets hot their in the summer. The main roads are wide and fairly smooth. The smaller side trails can be rocky and narrow. The parking lot is big and has a bathroom. Its a nice spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts