Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beside turning the shaft, that the clutch goes on, by hand, does anyone have a good way to test a gearbox that is currently not installed? Trying to figure out what went wrong with it.

·
Registered
12,705 Posts
You need to tear it apart . I m talking about all part and look at all contact points .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are we talking calipers and dials and that kind of stuff? Besides just visuals? I have no problem tearing it apart. It's the putting it back part that will be a problem.

·
Registered
12,705 Posts
All of the contact parts should be checked to O.E. specs. Shop manuals give specs on every part . It is very time consuming. There have been guys that just eyeball them and then once installed they have grief . Noise or jumping out of gear .

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
The oem one from canampartsguy has been perfect for 1500 miles. Just not the original '11 box or the mrrpm chinese crap. However the '11 box was better than mrrpm's. At least it lasted 1000 miles, instead of none.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Canampartsguy has been awesome to me as well. I’ve purchased a few things from him and talked to him on the phone. Cool guy. I bought an axle from him awhile back and it was months before I got around to installing it. Turned out the axle was for a newer machine. When I contacted him, he was positive and said send it back and he’d make it right. Great dealing with him. I ultimately ended up selling the axle here on the forum but thought it was pretty cool Jared was willing to take it back no questions asked.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered the low geared Warranty Killer. It was spendy, but lower gears, and a warranty. Came with a free sticker.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Performance parts stickers have been proven to increase fuel economy, horsepower, and torque. Ask my girlfriend. Everything I own gets at least 85mpg, has over 1000hp, and 2000ft.lbs. of torque.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts