Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung Tab A 8", and I have been looking for a decent mount/mount spot for it. It seems the Maverick has a ton of options, and the Commander has basically the Ram Mount. I'm not knocking the Ram Mount, but I was hoping to put together something with a little more fit and finish...
I am hoping to get some suggestions, or better yet pictures of what some of you have (or directions to a thread that might have already covered this). I have a roof and a flip up windshield, so there are "some" limitations. The Ram Mount that I have picked out, but not pulled the trigger on is the Ram X-Grip for 7-8" tablets with a medium arm (3"), and a Tough Claw Large clamp base (which says it goes from 1" - 2 1/4", all in size B.
Like I said, I am hoping to find something that would mount in the existing space where the GPS, etc would go now, so it would look like it was supposed to be there, but if I can't - then I will go with the Ram Clamp mount. I appreciate any help or direction.
D.

·
Super Moderator
23,205 Posts
I haven’t found anything other than ram when I done my searching . The x grips are nice but the rubber ends are glued on and they are constantly coming off. I bought the spring loaded holder and the iPad wil fit in it perfectly with a otter box or life proof cover .

This is one I bought no way it’s coming out of the cradle . The one in the pic is for a 2015 tab A 8. Looks like they changed the dimensions every yr from 15 up. Those are for a tab in a case as well.

·
Super Moderator
23,205 Posts
I mounted mine on the center end of the passside grab handle . But I just found this one .
you could use the same cradle and then use short arm .

·
Super Moderator
23,205 Posts
It’s on the maverick forum will see if I can find it again . Found it on a google search then went to images .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m using OnX for scouting hunting areas. That is the main function, and it doubles as a GPS. But no iPad, this is a in expensive tablet that is a great hunting/mapping tool.

·
Super Moderator
23,205 Posts
Yeah well I don’t hunt anymore but that map I posted is covering 65 to 75k acres with access to 250k so we map all new trails.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts