Can-Am Commander Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
CustomSplice, I sent you a PM a couple days ago and its still unanswered.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi I have the original warn XT winch + the quick remote from BRP

I would like to know how much for

Winch rope in charcoal + tube timble + exel hook I want to have it the longest possible
-Fairlead
-75 foot extension + tube timble
-1x ProComp ATV Recovery Strap

Please give me a quote for all those +shipped to

ReefSolution.com
103D boul. Concorde Ouest
Laval, Qc, Canada
H7N 1H8

PS I think I have all if you think I need something else please tell me
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi:

Thinking about replacing the winch cable on my XT with synthetic....couple of questions hoping someone may answer:

1. Do I need to buy anything else other than the cable? spool, fairlead etc? My winch that came on the XT has been used a couple of times but thats it.

2. How long does it take to replace the steel with synthetic? Some have said its 10-15 mins, others have said 1 - 1.5 hours and that is was a pain....drilling out holes? replacing bolts etc?? Can someone confirm the real process to replace to synthetic on a commander xt?

Thank you very much!

-Jason

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
It happens.
That job is very tough on steel or rope.
Typically digging dirt right into the strands, assuming your wrapping the root ball with the cable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah i alrdy had a kink in it so it wasnt a suprise lol
Ill be calling you in the morning to order a new synthetic cable setup

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok guys. Removed my stock fairlead and spooled on all my synthetic rope.

Drilled the holes in the custom splice fairlead a little bigger to accomodate the stock allen bolts.

My question is.....How the heck can you get the nuts on the inside of the allen bolts with the custom splice fairlead?

The slot in the customsplice fairlead is not real big. Hard to work with. I see no other way to get a wrench on the inside of the fairlead to tighten those nuts....

Any pointers or tips would be appreciated....

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Ok guys. Removed my stock fairlead and spooled on all my synthetic rope.

Drilled the holes in the custom splice fairlead a little bigger to accomodate the stock allen bolts.

My question is.....How the heck can you get the nuts on the inside of the allen bolts with the custom splice fairlead?

The slot in the customsplice fairlead is not real big. Hard to work with. I see no other way to get a wrench on the inside of the fairlead to tighten those nuts....

Any pointers or tips would be appreciated....
Whats the Manufacture date of your machine?
Can you send a pic of what your bolt setup is?
There has been some variance on how Can Am put the Roller Fairleads on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It is a 2012 800 XT.

I am not sure of exact manufacture date. I will have a look and see if I can get a picture as well. What I am trying to get a picture of?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It is a 2012 800 XT.

I am not sure of exact manufacture date. I will have a look and see if I can get a picture as well. What I am trying to get a picture of?
What Bolts did they use?
Did you figure it out?
on other models we have done it was easiest to remove the front plastic.
Allen head bolts should have the head facing forward and you should be able to get a Box End Wrench on the nut, and tighten down the Allen from the front.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
5/16" winch cable

Well I worn out my first 1/4" Am Steel Winch cable so this time I went back with a 5/16" Am Steel cable with a crush proof ring and one heavy duty hook. The only thing was that I had to cut 10' off the cable length to get it to fit on the spool. Oh I forgot to put the cable thru the custom slice fairlead so had to put the roller back on I didn't want to take the thing all the way apart again. We use our winch about 3 to 4 times or more every outting mostly pulling my buddies out and myself a time or two.
Here's a couple pics.

Cleck to enlarge
IMAG0512.jpg
IMAG0532.jpg

61 - 80 of 90 Posts