Can-Am Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's. Just bought my first SXS. Got a 2012 ltd and love it. Man why didn't buy only of these sooner. I have noticed that when Im driving at low speeds it surges really bad. It almost feels like it's loading up. Do you guy's have any ideas what may be going on?

Thanks guy's

·
Registered
648 Posts
Check and clean the speed sensor and the air flow sensor. Even if that's not it, it's probably time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
How slow and what gear?

Neil.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Read these posts and I keep thinking I read somewhere about "ITC"
"Intelligent Throttle Control"
Having something to do with the throttle not bouncing around with you in rough terrain to help eliminate the Surging you are talking about, again not sure of it might be dreaming but thought it was somehow connected to the throttle.
Again might be all wet about the idea but it keeps popping up in my head. maybe someone can shed some more light on the subject.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
I don't think the dude would be confused about foot bouncing on the throttle and mander bucking .
If that was what is going on all you need to do is shut sport mode off and then the throttle is not fast to respond and a bouncy foot won't make bucking .
A real bad belt can give a surging feeling going real slow .

We need more info

High gear , low gear , engine rpm , flat ground , ?????? I need info to help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
Drive by wire is the most smooth throttle that you can have with sport mode off .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it's happening no matter what gear it is or the terrain. I'm going to tear it apart today and clean the things you guys are talking about.

Also when I put it into gear (any gear) it wants to role, is this normal? Where are you guy's buying the one way bearings?

Thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
Your one way should spin freely one way and make a clicking sound while doing that and the pulley faces should not be rubbing the belt . The inside one next to the engine will almost be touching but not quite . The outer pulley face should have a space between the face and the side of the belt . If the pulley face is in contact with the belt it will try to make the unit try to go by itself while in low gear . Sticky weights ( arms ) can stop the clutch from opening up and letting go of the belt for a free idle and smooth shifting .
Hope this is some helps ::: you can buy the bearings for your one way at your local auto parts store ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442173337.170298.jpg

I showed these ones to Ed and he sells these also . You should be able to find them for around the 15-20 bucks each
I bought them in bulk for 8.00 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
Doesn't bolax have a better bearing for them?

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
He is using these bearings that I found for us

My phones spell check is in over drive and likes making up its own story

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He is using these bearings that I found for us

My phones spell check is in over drive and likes making up its own story
HAHA ! Thanks guy's for all the help. Is there any trick to getting the bolts out of the bottom of the cover for the CVT?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
8mm ratcheting wrench through the holes in the skid plate. There will be 4 of them you gotta get that way.

Steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
8mm ratcheting wrench through the holes in the skid plate. There will be 4 of them you gotta get that way.

Steve
Awesome. ! ! Thanks guy's

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just a thought about the surging....

He could easily be describing a spot on the belt causing surging. I hot-spotted my belt once and have it....when starting off slow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just remove the skid plate to get at the bottom bolts. Also be aware of the small dogs under the one-way bearing. They pop out fly into oblivion if you don't cover the one way with a large rag when pulling off the bearing and governor cup.

·
Registered
2012 Can-Am Commander 1000xt
3 Posts
I don’t if it’s the same but mine seemed jumpy while slowly taking off and I greased the 10 pts, mainly the 3 knuckles under skid plate and that really seemed to help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts